Shoebox - Photo Backup and Cloud Storage
By Couch Labs Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shoebox is your personal photo collection with unlimited free photo backup for all your devices. Automatically backup your photos to keep your memories safe, secure and private. Carry every photo you’ve ever taken in your pocket or on your tablet without taking up space on your iPhone or iPad. Don’t risk losing photos if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
Shoebox is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and other mobile devices.
• 100% private and stored with the same encryption used by banks
• Unlimited cloud storage means no additional storage space taken up on your iPhone
• Rediscover your memories with 'This Day in History'
• View your Mac or PC photo collection directly on your iPhone
• View your iPhone’s photos on your computer without plugging in via USB
• Backup videos (iOS 8 or newer)
• Share select memories with friends and families
• Automatically backup your iPhone camera roll without plugging in to your computer
• Browse photos based on locations, camera, time of day, season, and many more
• View slideshows, and directly share photos to Facebook, Twitter, and more
• Free and Unlimited. Our free plan keeps all of your photos safe at a resolution of up to 10.6 megapixels with no expiration (3264 pixels on the longest side). We also offer Shoebox Pro - a optional paid subscription for $6.99 USD per month (renewing).
Check out what others have to say about us:
• Forbes - “Move Over Flickr, Photobucket and Picasaweb -- Here Comes MyShoebox...The cross-platform capability here surpasses the limitations of Google+ pic-sharing options, Apple’s iCloud and others.”
• TechCrunch - “MyShoebox offers a cloud photo storage service that goes beyond what most of those other companies provide...”
• PetaPixel - “The service offers native apps...that sync your entire photo collection to the cloud without you having to do any extra work”
• GSMNation - “If your phone finds itself buried in the snow during the post-dinner game of touch football, you won’t lose any of the priceless family photos that you took earlier in the afternoon.”
• Wedding Republic - “All of your photos are automatically backed up and you can access them anywhere. This offers an easy solution next time you’re at your Aunt’s house and everyone wants to see your wedding photos!”
• BlogTO - “What's unique about MyShoebox is that the cloud-based app bridges the ‘digital device divide’ since it can be used with Mac, Windows, iPhone, and [other mobile devices].”
Here’s what our users have to say:
• “11,000 photos - 11,000 to go. Not a hitch. LOVE MyShoebox. You guys rock! Thank you!” - @ActiveMoms
• “It's amazing what MyShoebox does with the EXIF data from my photos and how it displays them.” - @justinwgoldberg
• “Occasionally a startup solves a problem I have, today @MyShoebox does just that” - @dionlisle
• “Everyone who has iPhone...download the app MyShoebox. Unlimited cloud photo storage backup, it’s pretty awesome.” - @mark599097
• “I think @MyShoebox might just be the answer to my photo backup needs. Currently backing everything up into Google Drive but that sucks.” - @LukesBeard
Our free plan can be used forever. It will continue to safely backup an unlimited number of photos forever, for free. If you choose to upgrade to our Pro plan:
• Price may vary by location
• Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription in Settings after purchase. You may disable auto-renewal at any time (ensuring you won't be charged again), but Apple doesn't provide a method to cancel the current subscription period
What's New in Version 3.0.6
• Performance improvements
• Video backup improvements
• Multi-photo delete (tap and hold)
• New icon and logo
• Notifications for "This Day in History" (optional)
Not loving it
I used this app pretty intensively throughout the free trial period, giving it every opportunity to wow me. IMO, it falls short for my needs.
1) it's hard to look up past memories manually since there aren't any manual organization tools. It uploads your photos and you're basically stuck with what it wants to show you, when it wants to show it to you.
2) keeping in line with organization, it offers no tools such as tagging or descriptions. The location based tagging is automatic, and we all know how pointless that is. You aren't able to add specific locations like a restaurant or a certain place. Geotagging on apps like this is far too broad and generalized, especially when you aren't able to zero it in later.
3) I have the app set to upload with wifi and cellular, but for some reason, I'm constantly having to open the app to sync.
All-in-all, I was pretty excited for this app. When I first started, I thought I'd definitely upgrade to premium, but I find that I just don't use the app. What's the point of having all of your photos with you everywhere, if you have no way to quickly (if at all) get to the ones you want at that moment?
Best App in the market to store all your photos
I have been using this for the last few months. I don't want to jump and write a review without exploring it completely. Best of its kind in the photo storage apps. Lot of apps talk about giving free storage but lot of gunk you get along with it. This is plain app with clean UI. Very user friendly. Keeps uploading photos from all connected locations continuously. This app works like a charm.
Best features (With Notable ones):
1) Syncs from all devices - All photos - no limit on the upload (Notable).
2) Best presentation of different sets of pictures everyday. I have discovered some of very unknown pictures from this(Notable).
3) Timeline based display.
4) This day in history brings back memories.
1) No full resolution storage unless you buy it premium ( can't complain as they have to sell something to exist).
2) Shoebox name is not connected to camera...but once it is popular not a big deal.
This is one of the best apps out there. The user interface is easy and pleasant to use and it's easy to upload photos. The only downside (and to me this is a MAJOR downside because I have a LOT of photos) is that there's NO organization. I wish I could organize my photos into albums. Right now it's extremely hard to find anything.
I'm an instagramer and I have a lot of sfs pictures saved that takes up a lot of space. If I could save them all in an album on shoebox I could delete them from my phone.
I'd be ever so grateful if you could add this feature. Please, listen to your feedback!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 3.0.6
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Couch Labs Inc
- © Copyright Couch Labs INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Hour of Video Backup$4.99
- Shoebox Pro$6.99
- Shoebox Pro$69.99