Shoeboxed is a no-brainer for anyone who needs to track their receipts, mileage and business cards without the added pain of manual data-entry. Shoeboxed really does all of the work for you!
Simply snap a picture and we’ll extract the vendor, total amount, payment method, date and also categorize the receipts into the most common tax categories. You can also instantly create expense reports (with original receipt images) that you can send right from your phone.
Shoeboxed is an Apple Essential Business App which has been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, Inc. Magazine and hundreds of other publications.
"I just snap pictures of my receipts while I'm traveling and let Shoeboxed take it from there. When I get home I generate an expense report in seconds and I'm done. It could not be easier!”
- Dave H., Road Warrior
Even better - The mobile app is linked to your own personal account at Shoeboxed.com which you can access from any computer, allowing you to do even more with your receipts. We integrate with nearly every popular accounting solution to make bookkeeping a breeze.
Join the 1,000,000 people using Shoeboxed to scan & organize receipts, create expense reports, track mileage and more!
WHY WE’RE THE #1 RECEIPT APP
- Transform receipt images into accurate, human-verified data
- Instantly archive receipts on-the-go
- Access a searchable, sortable archive of your categorized, IRS-accepted receipts
- Enjoy one-click, hassle-free mileage tracking
- Generate & email expense reports in seconds
- Export expenses to QuickBooks, Wave Accounting, Excel, Outright, Xero and dozens of other tools
- Rejoice in free and friendly email and phone support
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Shoeboxed app offers "Starter" and "Lite" subscription plans for purchase within the app:
- subscriptions renew every 30-days after the original start subscription date.
- the Starter subscription plan is $4.99 USD per 30 days for 25 document scans
- the Lite subscription plan is $9.99 USD per 30 days for 50 document scans
- your subscription will renew automatically each month and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of your subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
- for more details visit: https://www.shoeboxed.com/privacy/ or https://www.shoeboxed.com/terms/
Fixes a bug where some images were being uploaded too small.
Ratings and Reviews
Use and Interface Review
Really love the Gmail Receipt Sync function. Very, very handy and have been needing something like this! I wish I found this earlier before I filed my taxes, but I have it now and it's great. I've definitely run into the problem of receipt ink fading off and not being able to read it several months later, so this solves that problem.
Apart from its use, which is great, my only comment is about the user interface. There is an "Upgrade for Free" bar which I think kind of looks like an ad and disrupts the look and feel of the app. Maybe this could be more of a pop-up reminder when your receipts are being transcribed? I think the app looks great overall, but there are a couple of other blue colors used in the app that don't look consistent with the Shoeboxed blue. Otherwise, love this and have already shared with friends!
Best app for receipts
After trying a multitude of apps and software to keep and organize my work and personal receipts, I stopped looking when I found Shoeboxed. It is the best-priced with the most features. Take a photo of your receipt or use snail-mail to send in receipts using prepaid envelopes provided by Shoeboxed. Another available option I have not tried is to have Shoeboxed automatically scan your email inbox for receipts. For each receipt submitted, Shoeboxed inputs all the information from each receipt and remembers how you want to categorize receipts from a given store. Create custom expense reports and include the scan of the original receipt if you wish. According to Shoeboxed, all digitized receipts are accepted by the federal government if you wish to use them for tax purposes. If I could give this app six stars I would!
Great service, mobile app needs multi page receipts
Let me say that shoeboxed’s service is EXCELLENT, they pick up the phone unlike many other expense apps and they aren’t outsourced to someone you can’t understand which is huge. The mail in feature is great and the web app works well. The reason for 3 stars is that the mobile app only allows for 1 page receipts and for someone who deals almost exclusively with full multi page receipts this is very limiting. In order for me to use this service I have to go to the office or jump through hoops adding a receipt as multiple expenses and then merging them together in the web app all while going against my monthly total for something that is 1 receipt. Please please please add multi page support for the app!
- Shoeboxed, Inc.
- 34 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Shoeboxed Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Shoeboxed Mobile Starter $4.99
- Shoeboxed Mobile Premium $9.99
- Shoeboxed Mobile Pro $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.