Shopkeeper Takeaway : Math can be fun!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shopkeeper Takeaway is the second in the "Math can be fun!" reception level math series. Using this App children will learn to take away, beginning with taking away visible coins, and progressing to taking away numbers (up to 10 - 10). The subtle staged approach which uses gold stars as a reward.
The game is set in an ice cream van, where you are person responsible for serving customers and giving them their change. Each correct answer earns you money which can be used to purchase a wide range of ice creams and lollies to sell in the shop – from orange ice's to triple scoop ice creams with ripple and flake!
The App is suitable for children from 3 to 7; the cute rabbit characters, the ice cream van scenario and the ability to stock the van with new ice creams create the fun whilst the children learn to take away and enjoy the experience without thinking they are doing math!
If you get an answer wrong 3 times, the senior shopkeeper will help you count up to the correct answer.
Shopkeeper Takeaway has:
• 3 difficulty levels
• 10 learning levels (the gold stars)
• 5 characters
• 15 types of ice cream and lollies for sale in the van
• Taking away advice from the senior shopkeeper if you get your sums wrong
• A detection system to offer other sums if you keep getting them wrong
• A memory to allow you to return to where you left off if you stop playing
• A reset facility so you or someone else can start the game over again
• Controls to turn the music and sound effects on or off
• An on-going random question generator once 10 gold stars have been won
www.unit11apps.com | facebook.com/unit11apps
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Improved graphics for retina displays
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 16, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matt Robb
- © Robb Research
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.