** Based on the #1-ranking, award-winning, App Store-featured Packing Pro app **
** UNIVERSAL APP -- optimized for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch **
** Great Value -- like getting two apps in one! **
- Left the list on the fridge?
- Can't remember what your spouse told you to buy?
- Need to make a *second* run to the grocery store?
That'll never happen again with Shopping, a digital grocery & shopping list that is always by your side. Shopping is the lite version of Shopping Pro, which itself was built on the feature-mature 7-year foundation of Packing Pro, the #1-ranking travel app featured in the App Store's "10 Essentials" & "Plan Your Vacation" promotions.
This free version comes ad-free, but is limited to only one shopping list (though with unlimited items). It also includes all of the following core features:
1) SHOPPING LIST FEATURES:
- CREATE a 100% user-customizable shopping list with no item number limits
- BUILD your list quickly & easily with multi-item selection from Master Catalog
- EDIT your list however you wish (add, delete, rename or reorder any category or item)
- MULTI-EDIT your items (delete, move, copy or set) more quickly than one-by-one
- MONITOR a running tally of total vs checked items per category
- COLLAPSE categories for less scrolling & better management
- SHOW only items that are checked or unchecked, or show them all
- SORT items manually or automatically by priority, type or item
- EDIT item details (name, number, unit, price, tax & notes)
- ADD IMAGES, ALERTS, PRIORITIES & BARCODES to list items
- TAX items with app-wide default tax or per-item tax (both optional)
- VIEW the price & tax totals of all items on your list & in your cart
- SUBTOTAL the prices & taxes of all items in each category (both on-list & in-cart)
- EMAIL your list to family & friends
- CHECKOUT when done shopping
2) CATALOG FEATURES:
- CUSTOMIZE the Master Catalog with 100% freedom (add, delete, rename & reorder any category, type or item)
- SELECT from over 700 items for quick list generation with only minimal typing
- DEFINE your own categories, types & items for more customized freedom & control
- COPY & MOVE types & items throughout catalog
- MULTI-EDIT your types & items (delete, move, copy or set tax) more quickly than one-by-one
- SORT, CAPITALIZE & UNCAPITALIZE
- CLONE categories
3) OTHER KEY FEATURES:
- VIEW comfortably on new iPads, iPod touches & iPhones running iOS 8-11
- USE Favorites folder for quick access to common items
- REFER to a comprehensive in-app help guide
If you desire multiple shopping lists, several list creation/export/import options, better syncing & sharing, display customization, a super-sized catalog, & built-in sample lists, then consider Shopping Pro:
PRO BENEFITS (in Shopping Pro):
* FULL iCLOUD SUPPORT:
-- iOS device-to-device auto-sync support for lists, catalog & settings
-- no other web accounts, registrations, subscriptions or logins required
-- full app works fine offline too -- minus only iCloud syncing
* SHOPPING LIST FILE SHARING & BACKUP:
-- share lists & catalog content outside your iCloud circle via email (import/export), iTunes' File Sharing, AirDrop & Dropbox/Box/iCloud Drive (iOS 8+)
-- use the simple '1-tap backup to email'
* CSV IMPORT / EXPORT:
-- edit your lists & catalog content on a PC with Excel, Numbers or GoogleDocs
* HUGE BUILT-IN MASTER CATALOG:
-- over 1500 food, supply & other general shopping items
* BUILT-IN SAMPLE LISTS:
-- discover new ideas & suggestions from eight included sample lists
* CUSTOMIZABLE DESIGN:
-- includes app-wide theme, layout, color, texture & font choices
* SMART SEARCH:
-- easy & intuitive search function (w/ text or barcodes)
Quick, simple, reliable & infinitely customizable, let Shopping Free or Shopping Pro help you & your family save time & money by being your ever-present shopping companion.
- Option to mark your catalog types with icons or emojis (more emojis!)
- Fixed a few bugs and design issues
Thanks for all your feedback & support, and stay tuned for more updates!
Ratings and Reviews
I saw the negative reviews about being hard to learn to use & preset categories ... and tried this app anyway. I’m so glad I did!!! It’s absolutely phenomenal. It’s the only app that I’ve found that keeps track of what I’ve spent in the grocery store as I shop. It’s flexible so that I can add whatever I want in whatever category I want. I can rearrange the categories so that they’re in the order my grocery store has them.
While the app doesn’t come with a tutorial, it’s also not that hard to learn. I had a couple of ... “Well, that didn’t work the way I wanted” but I later “found” the items I had entered easily after hitting save.
Recommending to all I know. 🙌🏼
I am currently trying out a few grocery list apps, since my (very) old Palm finally bit the dust. I really like this app. But there does seem to be a pretty steep learning curve. There does not seem to be any way to hide the category bars that are not currently in use, which is somewhat annoying. I think that adding an item to the shopping list is a little cumbersome, and contacting the developer could be less complicated, too.
I like the ability to get item costs and item categorized together. After the initial purchases and your data has been entered the value of the app shines through.
From a technological standpoint the app is great for tech savvy individuals. However for the folks new to technology (post Luddites) then this app may be a little overwhelming.
Some things I would like to see improved are:
- The ability to use a decimal when entering the pounds of meat for a more accurate calculation.
- Enable the user to create more than one list.
- A feature that would allow a significant other to receive your list through a text message or email.
Much thought went into the app and it shows.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.