In times of social networks and smartphones we use URLs all day. But they can be really long - too long! They neither look pleasant on our small screens nor in longer texts on big screens. They take away space - important space.
Short Menu solves this problem. It sends your long URL to a service of your choice, which then returns a short URL you can use instead.
Short Menu, its 2 Action Extensions and Today Widget support 16 different services (5 require sign-in) and is extremely easy to use. On launch it will automatically take the URL from your clipboard. You only have to press one button, then Short Menu will shorten your URL and automatically copy the short URL for you.
After shortening, Short Menu saves both the short and long URL in your history, which will be synced with iCloud to ensure you got all your short URLs on all your devices (even on your Mac if you're using the macOS version).
Short Menu perfectly integrates with bit.ly, Rebrandly, Google, Hive, tiny.cc, Droplr and CloudApp (for using Rebrandly, tiny.cc, Droplr or CloudApp, an account is obligatory). You can easily manage all your accounts in Short Menu's settings and, if you added multiple accounts for the same service, activate the account Short Menu shall use.
Got your own URL service? Short Menu can handle it. You can add as many custom services as you like. Short Menu can send both GET and POST requests, add HTTP headers and supports different encodings for POST requests. To avoid the need of entering the same information about your custom services again and again, they will be synced with iCloud.
• Lightning fast URL shortening with 16 services supported by default
• 7 of the default services and all custom services support custom keywords
• Use the two Action Extensions to shorten URLs system-wide
• Shorten URLs from anywhere using the today widget
• Add as many bit.ly, Rebrandly, Google, Hive, tiny.cc, Droplr and CloudApp accounts as you want
• Add an unlimited number of custom services
• Configure your own affiliate tokens and campaigns for iTunes and Amazon
• Copy and share any URL from your history
• Your history and custom services will be synced with iCloud
• Supports x-callback-urls for Launch Center Pro
- Keyboard Shortcuts are now supported on iPads
- Fixed crash when saving QR codes to the photo library for the first time on iOS 11
- Fixed issue when using the keyboard in scrollable areas on iPhone X
- Improved Voice Over support
- Fixed crash when using invalid x-callback-url schemes
- Fixed crash when opening URLs using other protocols than HTTP
- Removed mcaf.ee
If you enjoy using Short Menu, please consider leaving us a review, they mean a lot to us! <3
Ratings and Reviews
Updated - still Been using for months with perfect reliability
Updates are implemented seamlessly. Looking forward to what's coming.
This is pretty much my favorite app I've owned. I consider it one of the greats of our time. Apps like Editorial, Drafts, and Day One - that function as close to flawless that you absolutely can, have wild flexibility baked in from Go - - and are designed to be able to grow with you, and have that no-boundaries concept. Yeah we're just throwing some URLs in some other service right quick and get them shortened up, but it's done as neatly, efficiently, and quickly as possible, with custom options that are mind blowing for an app such as this. And it's still kept as stupid simple as it could ever be. Fantastic job.
Existing users no longer need to pay again
The next day, the developer gave existing users back the features for which they already paid. Thank you for doing the right thing!
I paid $1.99 for this app and have been using it for a while, but now the developer has made the terrible mistake of requiring existing users to pay another $3.99 to continue to use the features for which they already paid. I'm not talking about new functionality. I do not want to have to essentially purchase the app a second and a third time just to continue to use it the way I have been. Take it from a fellow independent iOS developer: you made a grave mistake.
Great mobile utility!
Updated for iOS 9:
This remains an excellent and well designed app from a very responsive developer. This is a super useful tool that I use nearly daily on my Mac and iOS devices. Keep up the great work!
I bought the Mac version of this app from the developer's site a few days ago and the app proved super useful to have running on my Mac all the time. When I learned there was an iOS version as well, I had grab it. It works great with my custom YOURLS installation and together with the developer's YOURLS plugin, I'm able to link App Store apps with my affiliate link automagically. The setup for the custom service is a bit different in the iOS version vs the Mac version but it took all of 5 seconds extra to figure what fields the iOS version was looking for.
When I had an issue with the Mac version, the developer responded within minutes and helped get me up and running. Excellent app, well designed and well supported. Highly recommend!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Appiculous UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 29.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Appiculous UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Features $4.99
- All URL Services $0.99
- Native URL Shorteners $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.