Short Menu - Lightning fast & intelligent URL shortener
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
In times of social networks and smartphones we share URLs all day: whenever we share a great article on Twitter, a funny video on Facebook or a nice gadget on iMessage. But these URLs can be really long - too long! They neither look pleasant on our small screens, nor in longer texts on big screens. They take away space - important space.
Short Menu solves this problem. It sends your long URL to a service of your choice, the service then generates a random character combination or uses the suffix you entered and stores the long URL and the suffix. When you open the short URL, the service looks for the long URL associated with the suffix and redirects you.
++ Intelligent URL shortener ++
Short Menu sits in your menubar, waiting for you to shorten an URL. It supports 14 different services and is extremely easy to use. Simply click on Short Menu's menubar icon to open it. It automatically takes the URL from your clipboard. You only have to press one button, then Short Menu will shorten your URL and automatically copy the short URL for you.
++ All your URLs in one place ++
After shortening, Short Menu saves both the short and the long URL in your history. If you need an URL you shortened a while ago, just open the drop-down menu next to the URL to copy, open or share it. Additionally, your history will be synced with iCloud to ensure you got all your short URLs on all your devices (if you're using the iOS version of Short Menu, even on your iPhone and iPad).
++ Lightning fast ++
But there are more and faster ways to shorten an URL with Short Menu. Quick Short makes it possible to shorten an URL with a shortcut. Just press the shortcut you set and Short Menu takes the URL from your clipboard, shortens it and automatically copies the short URL for you.
If you want to use Short Menu even faster, you'll love Auto Short. If it's activated, it watches your clipboard and waits for you to copy an URL. When it detects an URL, it shortens it and automatically copies the short URL for you.
If you don't want Short Menu to watch your clipboard or to use shortcuts, you can right-click Short Menu's menubar icon to shorten the URL from your clipboard.
While shortening an URL in background with these features, Short Menu's menubar icon will animate, so you can see that it's working.
++ Use the services you know and love - even your own ++
You can log in to all your bit.ly, Droplr and CloudApp accounts in Short Menu. If you have multiple accounts for the same service, just add all of them and activate the one you prefer.
You’re running your own URL service? Short Menu can handle it. You can add as many custom services as you like. Short Menu can send both GET and POST requests, add HTTP headers and supports different encodings for POST requests. To avoid the need of entering the same information about your custom services again and again, they will be synced with iCloud.
++ Discover the awesomeness of Short Menu ++
* Lightning fast URL shortening with 14 services supported by default
* 5 of the default services support custom suffixes
* Quick Short: Use a shortcut to shorten URLs
* Auto Short: Automatically let shorten every URL you copy
* Right-click Short Menu's menubar icon to shorten the URL from your clipboard
* Shorten your selected URL without opening Short Menu, by using Short Menu's OS X Service
* Log in to as many bit.ly, Droplr and CloudApp accounts as you want
* Add an unlimited number of custom services
* Copy, open and share any URL from your history
* Your history and custom services will be synced with iCloud
What's New in Version 2.1
Short Menu 2.1 is the biggest update since version 2.0! Everything has been improved and redesigned.
* New look: beautiful new app icon and preferences icons
* Redesigned Short Menu's popover: it's now easier than ever to use and you can enter custom suffixes for short URLs
* Mini history: you can now always see your last three shortened URLs right in Short Menu's popover
* Auto Short rules: you can now apply a blacklist or whitelist to Auto Short
* New system for custom services: you can now entirely control the requests Short Menu sends to your custom services
* iCloud sync: Short Menu will sync your history and custom services with iCloud (also works with the iOS version of Short Menu!)
* Improved accessibility
* You can now resize the history window
* goo.gl does now work again
A lof of the magic behind Short Menu has been changed. This version requires OS X 10.9 and after updating...
* ...you'll need to add your accounts again.
* ...you'll need to configure your custom services again.
If you enjoy using Short Menu, please rate it on the App Store. This really helps!
Follow @ShortMenuApp to get the latest updates about Short Menu.
2.1 broke my Short Menu
I love this app. Giving it 4 stars cause I love the concept, will change to five if you fix this problem I’m having. As social media manager for my work it saves me tons of time. But since I installed 2.1 I can’t shorten any link from browser unless i type in the “http://“ first. Please fix. Right now it's faster just to C&P and switch to a new tab with bit.ly up.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 19, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Appiculous UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- © 2015 Appiculous UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor