Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Short Menu is a lightning fast and intelligent URL shortener for your mac.
Short Menu sits in your menubar, waiting for you to shorten an URL. It supports 20 different services and is very easy to use. Simply click on Short Menu's menubar icon to open it. It automatically takes the URL from your clipboard. You only have to press one button, then Short Menu will shorten your URL and automatically copy the short URL for you. After shortening an URL, Short Menu saves both URLs in the history and sends a notification to you. These notifications are optional and you can configure them in the preferences.
But there are more and faster ways to shorten an URL with Short Menu. A feature called Quick Short makes it possible to shorten an URL with a shortcut. Just press the shortcut you entered, and Short Menu takes the URL from your clipboard, shortens it and automatically copies the short URL for you. If you want to use Short Menu even faster, you'll love the feature Auto Short. If it's activated, it watches your clipboard and waits for you copying an URL. When it detects an URL, it shortens it and automatically copies the short URL for you. If you don't want to let Short Menu watch your clipboard or to use shortcuts, you can right-click Short Menu's menubar icon to shorten the URL from your clipboard. While shortening an URL in background with these features, Short Menu's menubar icon will animate, so that you see that it works.
To use Droplr and CloudApp you have to login to your own account in Short Menu's preferences. You can also use your own bit.ly account for the services bit.ly and j.mp, but that's optional. If you have multiple accounts of a service, you can login to all and switch between your accounts. You also don't have to use Short Menu's standard services. You can configure as many custom services as you want in Short Menu's preferences.
What makes Short Menu so awesome?
• Lightning fast URL shortening
• Quick Short: Use a shortcut to shorten URLs
• Auto Short: Automatically let shorten every URL you copy
• 20 different services are supported by default
• Add as many custom services as you want
• Login to as many bit.ly, Droplr and CloudApp accounts as you want
• You can customize Short Menu's appearance
• Short Menu supports OS X and Growl Notifications
• Find all your shortened URLs again in the history
• Share shortened URLs on Twitter, Facebook and via Messages (Messages OS X 10.8 only)
• Visit shortened URLs with one click
• Right-click Short Menu's menubar icon to shorten an URL
• You can use a shortcut to open Short Menu's popup
• Launch Short Menu automatically at login
• You can select the sounds Short Menu should use
• Shorten your selected URL without opening Short Menu, by using Short Menu's OS X Service
• Introduction to discover Short Menu
• Optimized for Retina Displays
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• "own.li" does now work again
I just came across the need to auto shorten URL’s, specifically those horrendously long Dropbox share URL’s and found this app. It’s amazing and makes all your copied URL’s nice and short on the fly. Simple and powerful and very well designed and developed. There’s tons of options to customize your shortnening services and how the app functions but it works sweet out of the box too!
Worked great till last Apple update, but since the app has not be updated since 9/2013, I assume that might be why I am getting no response from developer.
No longer works
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 11, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Appiculous UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- © 2014 Appiculous UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor