Siri Shortcuts deliver a quick way to get things done with your apps with just a tap or by asking Siri. The Shortcuts app enables you to create personal shortcuts with multiple steps from your favorite apps. Start from hundreds of examples in the Gallery or drag and drop to create your own.
Shortcuts includes over 300 built-in actions and works with many of your favorite apps including Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Photos, Camera, Reminders, Safari, Health as well as any app that supports Siri Shortcuts.
Use the Shortcuts app to:
* Get directions home, send your ETA and start listening to the news, just by asking Siri
* Add a home screen icon that calls a loved one
* Make animated GIFs
* Make PDFs from Safari or any app with a share sheet
* Get directions to the nearest coffee shop in one tap
* Tweet the song you're listening to
* Get all of the images on a web page
* Send a message including the last screenshot you took
* And so much more...
Shortcuts can be launched from the Today widget, from Search or by asking Siri. You can even add an app icon to your home screen for your favorite Shortcuts.
Shortcuts opens up incredible possibilities to automate things you do regularly on your iPhone and iPad.
• Create and access Notes in your shortcuts with the new Create Note, Append to Note, Find Notes, and Show Note actions
• Pull out numbers from text using the new Get Numbers from Input action
• Tapping on the Library tab will now scroll to the bottom of your shortcuts list
• Get Travel Time now returns more details, including route name, arrival time, and distance
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
What happened to the Apple Watch Feature?
Really the only entire reason why I need this app was for marking down stuff in school. Due to classes not letting me use my phone for marking down stuff, I created my own ‘Workflow’ so I can mark down stuff directly from my Apple Watch without being noticed or caught. still a few bugs here and there, but it worked marvelously, now this new update rolls along. Gotta say not a big fan of it. At all. They completely remove the Apple Watch app feature! I was shocked when I updated the workflow app to see my workflow app completely gone! Did I do something wrong? Turns out they removed it entirely! Now I can’t even do the things I wanna do with my Apple Watch! I don’t wanna settle for some other apps that give me ads all of the time because I haven’t payed membership. this one does the best job out of all of them. It frustrates me that instead of that, they decide to go towards the ‘Siri’ route. which, in my option, is absolutely outrageous. Apple tries to make Siri better but it will never be useful to me, this could be useful to people who actually use Siri, but the majority want what was already included in the last update. Plus, ‘Siri’ doesn’t even work half of the time. In conclusion, I don’t like the direction this app is going, especially when it focuses so much on Siri, a poor assistant compared to what a Google and Amazons assistants are capable of doing.
Shortcuts improves on Workflow app
I had used the Workflow app for a while before they joined apple, and it blew my mind how completely it improved the way I interact with my phone. Now that Workflow has changed to Shortcuts the app is so much faster and seems much more deeply integrated into iOS. Editing shortcuts is much more intuitive now that the actions menu remains available at the bottom of the screen. The visual redesign is also really refreshing. It still amazes me that I can do so much with this app.
My only complaints: I have Drafts 4 installed but Shortcuts doesn’t recognize it and continues to redirect me to the app store to download. This is a huge pain as many of my shortcuts are based on that version of Drafts. Additionally, the Drafts actions show the icon for Drafts 5, but the actions themselves refer to Drafts 4 (the “View in App Store” link even directs me to Drafts 4, which I already have installed).
My other smaller complaint is that I wish there were more connections to system settings - I would love to be able to turn rotation lock off or on with one click, or access and update my alarms via Shortcuts but neither of these seem to be possible (yet).
Let me mark reminders as complete!
Apparently this is the easiest way for me to make a feature request 🙄 Anyway, I’ve been using this app before Apple took it over, and it’s generally really useful. I do have a few complaints though:
1. The new UI flow for creating a shortcut is generally hard to use. I understand why the shortcuts are on a card at the bottom now, b/c it gives more of a feeling of being able to flip back and forth, but you have to pull the card up from the bottom slowly or else you pull up the widget screen, and what’s on the card first is suggestions (not what I want) & I have to tap on the search bar to bring up the actual categories and get over to Favorites (generally what I want to see first).
2. There are still some gaps in terms of actions. For example, the reason I’m writing this review is that I want to change a reminder from checked to unchecked through Shortcuts, but the only option I have is to delete the reminder instead, an action that requires three confirmations before executing. That’s a major slowdown to my script. Plz add this feature.
- Apple Inc.
- 142.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.