Shortly - Live Young. Plan Right.
By Tywan Wade
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*Please note: This is the beta/prototype version of a future product. While this is the testing stage, the algorithms should be stable.*
Turn your iPhone and iPod Touch into the application that everyone needs! Experience Shortly - the most dynamic utilities application just released on the App Store to help you plan and navigate through the day.
“Can I wear shorts today?”
“Is it too hot to wear my new hoodie?”
“I wonder if I go for a run right now, will it be cold?”
Through an algorithm that analyzes “at-the-moment” weather conditions with your choice activity or clothing to wear in mind, Shortly makes your days shorter and your decision-making quicker. Faster days are on the horizon with this new application. Although coded and created for the college student, it’s great for all ages. Hurry and download today to experience Shortly!
- Built with The Weather Channel's accurate data.
- Use the application in thousands of cities around the world.
- Simple design and beautiful aesthetics presented with brilliant colors.
- Quick access to reliable weather analyzing data.
- An array of popular activity choices to choose from.
Visit www.facebook.com/ShortlyApp for news updates on future versions of the application, comments, and tips for the college student.
Thank you guys so much for buying my app! I'm only 19 and this means the absolute world to me. Wildest Dreams Come True! - Tywan Wade
*UPDATE: The "Tank Top" option is no longer available for use.*
What's New in Version 1.1
ALL NEW: Get this! A weather forecast has been built right into the application. Just tap the 'What's My Weather?" button for a customized, detailed description of the weather provided by the Weather Channel.
This release contains several bug fixes and improvements.
- Solves all issues of connectability to the weather API.
- Now move swiftly through several features.
- Improved overall performance.
Introducing the new “Fall Date Night” and “Dress It Up” features...
- The “Fall Date Night” replaced the outdated picnic feature with an improved algorithm for dates or fall-based activities that are going to be outdoors.
- The “Dress It Up” feature is a new addition just for girls. Everything from dresses to skirts is represented with this new icon. With a newly created algorithm, the “Dress It Up” feature represents any light clothing that girls want to wear. Just tap and go!
Thank you for using Shortly! Be sure to leave a review and tell all your friends. You guys are fantastic! - Tywan Wade
Not very useful right now, but a good idea
Good idea but it needs some work. There aren't enough options. When more options are created it it should ask you questions like "deciding what to wear? Deciding what to do today? Deciding what to eat? Etc." and then you can pick what you're thinking of wearing, etc. because right now the options are kind of random and disorganized.
also it would be cool if each user could input their preferences first because I know people who would wear shorts even if it was 20 degrees outside so we should get to say what we like at certain temperatures. Also, there should be more color scheme options.
Needs work - but read the developers story on Huffington Post
Hey Tywan - read your article on Huffington Post. Good on ya! I'll give you my .99 for your drive and hard work. App needs work and you should reach out to the community for suggestions. Put one of your options as feedback and listen to what people say, unlike the professors you reached out to who responded to you telling you you couldn't do it.
Downloaded after reading your story on Huffington Post. The idea and design of the app is great. Wondering if there will be updates or additions layered on later? I hope this isn't the last we hear of you!