ShotList brings an editable production stripboard to your mobile device to help plan every scene of your shoot. It also tracks your progress on the day, shot-by-shot.
Developed in co-operation with an award-winning video production company, ShotList is an essential tool for anyone putting together a scripted movie or video shoot.
Store the details, locations and notes for every scene and shot in an easily-viewable form. Break down a script and plan out a multi-day shoot in advance – the app will always be with you whenever you need to make an urgent change, and makes it simple to keep your team updated.
"A top-notch organizational app for filmmakers."- AppAdvice.com
"Don't let the simple interface give you the wrong idea. ShotList includes just about any feature you would need"- HandHeldHollywood.com
"A wonderful alternative to an overflowing binder." This_And_That, US
"A great way to organize your shoot and keep your crew on the same page" Carol Radford, US
• Add, edit, delete or re-order scenes across multiple shooting days, right on your mobile device.
• Never miss a vital scene or shot by tracking progress as you go.
• Keep notes for each scene, including links for instant dial of critical phone numbers and web addresses (such as location contacts, weather reports, or tide timetables).
• Plan shots for each scene, with storyboards, notes, shot type, angle, movement, camera and status.
• Keep your team informed by emailing a detailed PDF or oneline schedule to the group, directly from the app.
• Use Dropbox to backup your project, or exchange updates with other ShotList users on your team.
• Print updates directly from the app (*requires AirPrint-compatible printer.)
To learn tips and tricks to get the most from this app, please view the User Guide at Solubleapps.com.
The development of ShotList was part-financed by Northern Film & Media.
Adds support for iOS 12, and the new screen sizes for iPhone XR, XS and XS Max, iPad and iPad Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome awesome awesome!!!
This software am only giving four stars… And it’s mainly on my in a why it’s far four stars. The more I use this software the more I realize that it has a lot of features and a lot to offer. I’m glad that I’m tech savvy enough and able to find a lot of the stuff, but I wish that they were to tutorials on the software. I was able to create a ShotList and a storyboard within two days of using the software! I highly recommend it to all!
Developer Response ,
Did you try the User Guide? (linked from the Support button in the app)
That walks through all the major features, as does the introductory video.
If you have any further questions please drop me a line from the Support button in the app and I'll be happy to help.
Useful and fast
This software keeps you organized when planning and executing shots. I use it even to "think out loud" how I would film something. I like it better than most other phone based tools because it's easy and fast to use (it even includes shot mock ups) without compromising the essentials - you can print and email your work for collaboration. Awesome!
Great surprising find
I stumbled across this app and thought I try it as we wanted to transition from a word doc and something more structured. Had it for two weeks and it’s great, deep enough for great organization and creativity but not overwhelming to learn.
- Peter Johnson
- 44.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-18 Soluble Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.