This app will not work on 3GS iPhones.
Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
Shoulder Pro III gives users an in depth look at the shoulder, allowing them to cut, zoom & rotate the shoulder. Shoulder Pro III provides multiple cross sections (Sagittal, Coronal and Transverse) as well as the ability to cut away different layers revealing the muscles, blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue down to the skeleton.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/shoulder_pro.php
• 360 3D horizontal degree rotation of the shoulder for Anterior, Lateral, Posterior, and Medial views - with a swipe of your finger.
• Multiple 3D cross sections (Sagittal, Coronal, and Transverse) and the ability to cut away different layers down to the bone.
• Each cross section shows muscle, nervous, vascular and skeletal systems with detailed information on each system - with the touch of a pin.
• 69 images of every nerve, muscle and vessel isolated.
• 50 animations highlighting muscle movement and joint function.
• 132 audio pronunciations - one for every label.
• Origin and Insertion points of each muscle mapped onto the bone.
• 2 types of Quizzes: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Comprehensively built to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to zoom: Zoom in to and identify any part of the shoulder by tapping on the screen.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the app: Use the Settings function to choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses, doctors, etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool and can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select any pin in the app -- and the app will automatically find and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators, or professionals in helping explain certain conditions, ailments and/or injuries.
Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app -- I'm studying for my hand therapy certification and this app has so much information -- it's incredible -- my clients also appreciate being able to see the body parts they had surgery on in videos with explanations
Better than a textbook and cheaper!
It is great to start with a regular looking shoulder at my fingertip, and explore it as no textbook or anatomical model can. I can cut that shoulder into crossection in three different ways, turn it and zoom in, and cut away layers to find the precise thing I am looking for. Or I can bypass all that "fingertip dissection" and quickly go to a spot with the searchable index. Since I am primarily interested in the muscles and nerves, I like that the blood vessels are only present if I choose to add them with the touch of an icon. The ability to send images to other people is great, as is the image quality sent. And I can add a note or my own drawing to the image with the pen feature. Very nice! The drag-and-drop quizzes help me retain the information I have found. It is very easy to add a note from the day's lecture right onto a location pin, or even add my own pins. This is a smooth running app with amazing image clarity and quality.
The level of detail in these apps is the best I have ever seen, I don't know a single other company that makes apps with such detail. These apps have been a great asset for me while studying for my usmle step 1. While reading you can only visualize so much but with these apps I can almost touch, feel as well as cut and see the portions of the human body in great detail. I would recommend these apps to every medical student, teacher and physician because they help you understand beyond the textbooks and pictures. I have been following the company since they first launch the early versions of their other apps and honestly overtime they have only improved unlike other medical apps. If you want to enhance your knowledge, help your medical students or patients understand better then this app is for YOU.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.