By Shoutz Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LotteryHUB is an official app of Powerball and Mega Millions:
• Scan your Powerball and Mega Millions tickets with our ticket scanner
• Watch the live Powerball and MegaMillions drawings
• Easily check the latest jackpot information
• Catch up on missed lottery drawings and winning results
• See your winning lottery numbers
• Stay on top of the latest Powerball and Mega Millions updates
• Hear about Powerball and Mega Millions winners
• Save your Powerball and MegaMillions number history
• Receive alerts if you have winning Powerball or Mega Millions numbers
• Get notifications on the latest winning Powerball and Mega Millions numbers
• Watch lottery winner videos, jackpot updates, and more on the News Channel
In addition to checking your Powerball and Mega Millions winning numbers and news you can also:
• Check your state lottery numbers
• Win real prizes with LotteryHUB Rewards
• Featured video content- Lottery tips and tricks, frequent numbers, and updates
What's New in Version 4.5.6
Public Release Notes:
- Stability and performance improvements
- Simplified view when switching from fullscreen Powerball and Mega Millions live drawing videos to premium channel view
- Increased speed of Powerball and Mega Millions multi-draw and multi-line scanning and tracking
- Minor upgrades to lottery app design
OK, but is it secure?
The app works ok to see winning numbers. It is odd that it can just use the camera to scan the ticket’s barcode though. You have to snap a pic of the lines of numbers, crop to to show the numbers only, and then often you need to correct some of them. But to use this feature to store your ticket numbers and automatically check them, you have to log in with a Facebook ID or an email name and password. Which I guess the servers for this app, and anyone with access to them, now know if you have a winning ticket and an internet ID for you. Sounds ripe for a plot on a CSI TV episode! How hard would it be for somebody to hack the server and find the Facebook account or email address of a million dollar ticket holder, and track down their address?
There shouldn’t be any need to have the app register your Facebook ID or email name and store your ticket numbers remotely.
Update: For some reason notifications have stopped working, even though I have them turned on in my settings. Also frequently the app fails to process scanned numbers with a cryptic “invalid token” message… it will usually work again if you sign out and sign back in with your password.
Does not work
Update: I received an e-mail from this developer telling me the app had been updated and would work now. It does not--my previous review still stands;
"Every time I try to scan, it only says "Scan Failed; Token Error."
Have tried two different devices, same result.
A lottery ticket checker that does not check lottery tickets is useless."
This is a useless piece of software and, if it's not fixed soon, I'll delete it.
It's nice but room for improvement
The app is fun but wish it told you how much you win on the screen as your scanned ticket...also wish I didn't have to re-enter my state for every ticket and draw date if they are the same
- Category: News
- Updated: May 19, 2015
- Version: 4.5.6
- Size: 54.7 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Shoutz, Inc.
- © Shoutz, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.