Show Me for Emergencies FAC is a communication tool designed for workers in a family assistance center (FAC) after a mass casualty or mass fatality incident. Use it to connect with people who may have trouble expressing their needs — like non-English speakers, people with hearing impairments or cognitive disabilities, and family members coping with intense stress.
Following a mass casualty or fatality event, like a natural disaster or a plane crash, family members will need support and information about missing loved ones. This free app will help you gather information from and provide it to family members. The app offers a combination of translated text and audio messages and easy-to-understand icons. In an FAC, both family members and workers are under stress — good communication is essential. Let Show Me for Emergencies FAC make it easier.
Use the app to:
- Translate icons and important audio messages into 11 different languages
- Overcome communication barriers with clear, understandable icons
- Help visitors understand what an FAC is and prepare them for the antemortem interview
- Gather information about missing persons
- Communicate quickly with a research-based augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) tool
- Read specialized "Staff Tips" that will help guide you through conversations with upset and traumatized family members
- "Star" important icons as you use the app, then review them all in "My Icons" to recap your conversation
- Save time, reduce confusion, and earn trust during an emergency
- Use the app even without mobile phone service or WiFi
Developed by the Office of Preparedness and Emergency Management at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvement
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- 42.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.