Show of Hands: Ask & Answer Polls, Politics & More
By Tony Bacos
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Addicted! It's the only app I constantly use." -- Anonymous Show of Hander
Show of Hands is a smart and fun community polling platform for people who love burning questions! Answer new questions daily and see instant, real-time, anonymous results from fellow brilliant minds around the country. This information is broken down by age, religion, income, and more! (You can just think of us as your national level town hall.)
In this version we have ramped up for election 2016 with polls surrounding politics, the issues our candidates are talking about, as well as our latest feature which allows you to debate about the actual candidates! Come share your anonymous thoughts-- election 2016 is just around the corner! If you're not into politics, we have plenty of polls about other topics-- sandwiches, murder, puppies, relationships, the NBA Finals, and more! (What- we have a lot of interests!)
We have a work hard, play harder mentality in our question-asking: we ask the tough questions so that you can anonymously debate real world issues, and we ask the lighter questions because sometimes Mondays are just hard. We want you to think! Have you ever thought about if you would prefer to have wings or gills? What about your thoughts on if Hillary will win the 2016 election? Reach into the depths of your brains and have smart discussions about current events, national issues, global issues, and more. But don't forget to have fun! Nothing is off limits, and our community will help you level up your brain!
Do YOU have questions!? Have you ever been having drinks with friends-- or even just around the water cooler with coworkers-- and gotten their opinions and comments on something? Do you ever feel like their vote is just plain wrong?! (How could zombies NOT BE REAL?) Or not telling the whole truth!? (Please, everyone takes their phones into the bathroom.) Build an anonymous Show of Hands following and publish your own polls to test if your opinion is in the majority! Ask your own questions about politics, ethics, pop-culture, humor, sports, health, election 2016, news-- or anything else your brain can think of!
We challenge you to question everything!
Questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 5.2
- Ability to zoom on a photo
- Updated icons for iPhone 6+/6s+
- Longer comment text
- Ability to watch an ad to double your vote count (not in iPad this version)
- Ability to mark polls as read on the /new view
- Notification when your poll closes
- Bug fixes
Great, but needs many fixes.
1) The "I agree with" is broken. Mine has been stuck in the exact same setting for weeks now. I know it's going to have to change because it says I agree most with Middle Eastern as a race and Muslims as a religion. I've also answered numerous polls siding against the Syrian refugees. I think the problem has something to do with the small text in the right corner where it says that I've answered 57/58 polls.
2) There needs to be a split in the app between political polls and just fun polls. I'm here for the politics and frankly I couldn't care less about silly polls like "Have you ever wanted to shoot fireballs out of your wrists". Polls should be in categories and you can view individual categories.
3) The "elections" tab is useless. It doesn't actually give an accurate representation of the election polls. To show this, Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul are in the top 3. The solution is to have two tabs for the election. One that is a mere hookup to RealClearPolitics, which averages polls, and the other would be the current election tab to show what people on SOH like.
Those are my only issues now. The rest of the concepts are great. Thanks for a good app.
I have had this app for several years now and have really enjoyed watching it get better and better. More users means better debate in the comments section and more interesting results. I absolutely love the question filters (you can see, for example, how Democrats answered the question compared to Republicans). There are many questions daily, and this app has something for everyone.
Update: The election 2016 page is cool. News and rankings for each candidate.
I've been using this app since their humble beginnings and have watched it evolve to be an incredible and interactive community. The app has a unique ability to allow you to enjoy it whether you want to get deeply involved or just want something entertaining while on the jon. It's still one of my favorite apps and I'm on it several times a day. Enjoy.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 21, 2015
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Tony Bacos
- © Show of Hands LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- SOH Power$24.99