Used by over 3 million teachers and students worldwide, Showbie is the fastest, easiest, and most effective app for assignments and feedback in your iPad classroom.
Find out how easy it is to assign, collect and review student work from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or have your students complete assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Provide rich feedback using digital ink, text and voice annotations right on images and PDFs, and then add your students’ best work to personalized digital portfolios that can be securely shared with parents.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
“Showbie is my number one can't live without app! It makes the iPad workflow process a breeze! I especially love how it works seamlessly with so many other apps.”
— Kristen Paino, Lead Technology Integrator at Avenues: The World School
“I don't need to convince my colleagues that they need to use this app — it sells itself. I like that it gives me the flexibility in how I choose to grade my student's work, especially with the voice notes feature. There is no single third party app that I would rather champion.”
— Suzanne Lustenhouwer, Teacher and iPad Coordinator, Apple Distinguished Educator
“I love that Showbie is so versatile that the youngest of students can use it independently, yet it is appropriate for older grades as well. The ease of use makes it a great workflow solution for classes with iPads.”
— Kristi Meeuwse, Kindergarten Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator
KEY FEATURES FOR TEACHERS & STUDENTS
• Share work from thousands of compatible iPad apps in a few taps
• Use the pen tool and pin text notes directly on any PDF or image
• Quickly distribute instructions and materials to your whole class
• Chat privately with individual students to provide timely feedback
• Record voice notes for verbal feedback or language exercises
• Quickly review and assess batches of student work and provide rich, valuable feedback
• Add student work to individual digital portfolios, or enable students to curate their own portfolios
• Invite parents to view their student’s work and keep them informed of classroom activity
• Can be used with any classroom subject
• Available in 13 languages
ENHANCED SHOWBIE PRO FEATURES
• Record and track grades as numeric scores or letter grades, along with qualitative feedback
• Provide richer feedback with more pen colours and line thicknesses, by typing on the page, or by pinning voice notes directly to student work
• Record longer voice notes and videos and upload larger files
• Lock assignments to control student access to documents and feedback
• Give parents complete access to assignments in the classes you choose
New in 4.0.x
- Showbie now offers enhanced push notifications! See a more informative summary of messages, updates, and content from your classes, and quickly send replies to the push notifications you receive.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent teachers from cancelling their request to join a class.
- Fixed an issue that would cause students in a Showbie Pro class to experience Showbie Basic limitations when importing files and videos.
- Fixed a crash that would prevent teachers from adding or revising a grade from within the document previewer.
- Fixed a crash that would prevent you from revising a pinned comment after navigating a multi-page document.
- Fixed issue where importing some URLs and text from other apps would display an error message.
- Drag and dropping a screenshot into the app successfully imports
- Drag and dropping certain PDFs from PDF Expert no longer cause and error when importing
- Some URL sharing from Google Drive and OneDrive now import correctly
- Fixed a crash when adding a text annotation to a document while zoomed in.
- Fixed a bug with the customer support chat widget
New in 4.0:
- Class Folders: Now you can keep your classes organized by creating folders to group similar assignments together! Use Class Folders to organize assignments by subject matter, type of activity, or just to collect important assignments in one place for easy reference.
- You can now change the student-access setting (locked, view-only, or editable) for multiple assignments at once, or archive/restore multiple assignments at once, using the new Manage List option.
New in 3.8:
- We’ve completely redesigned the Showbie voice note recorder! The new interface takes up much less room on screen, so you can see more of your assignment or document while recording a note. You can also pause and resume recording, so you don’t have to nail your note in one take. Finally, try tapping on your profile pic while recording a new pinned note, to collapse the voice recorder into mini-mode.
New in 3.7:
- Highlighter: Now you and your students can use Showbie’s highlighter tool to complete assignments and provide feedback in an eye-catching new way.
- Universal Links: links to groups, classes, assignments and folders now open directly in the Showbie app. For example, if you receive an email on your iPad notifying you that a student commented on their assignment, you can tap the link in the email and it will open directly in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
My Showbie doesn’t work
Showbie doesn’t work and it said don’t hesitate to ask you sooooo yeah
This app irritating asl... my work be getting deleted
Oh My Goodness!!!
This has been my first year having iPads in my class room and one of our training classes exposed us to Showbie. I was slow to adopt it but in the last two weeks I am finding numerous ways to integrate Showbie into my classroom. (A note of interest before I continue: Showbie is available as an iPad app and can also be accessed by laptop or desktop computer for students who don't have an iPad at home).
Showbie is very flexible app. Last week I used Showbie to upload an essay for my students to read and create a written response. Later in the week, they used Showbie to answer questions from selected textbook and internet readings. This week they have been using showbie to take lecture notes, write comments on videos and accomplish their bellwork. I have become so excited about Showbie that my fellow teachers are probably tired of hearing me talk about it.
I strongly recommed this app for any teacher wanting to digitize their class. Unlike many other applications available, Showbie is very easy for students and teachers to learn and use. It's flexibilty is such that several teachers in our district have gone completely paperless, using Showbie for almost all of their assignments.
- Showbie Inc.
- 127.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Showbie Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition $149.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.