Used by over 3 million teachers and students worldwide, Showbie is the fastest, easiest, and most effective app for assignments and feedback in your iPad classroom.
Find out how easy it is to assign, collect and review student work from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or have your students complete assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Provide rich feedback using digital ink, text and voice annotations right on images and PDFs, and then add your students’ best work to personalized digital portfolios that can be securely shared with parents.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
“Showbie is my number one can't live without app! It makes the iPad workflow process a breeze! I especially love how it works seamlessly with so many other apps.”
— Kristen Paino, Lead Technology Integrator at Avenues: The World School
“I don't need to convince my colleagues that they need to use this app — it sells itself. I like that it gives me the flexibility in how I choose to grade my student's work, especially with the voice notes feature. There is no single third party app that I would rather champion.”
— Suzanne Lustenhouwer, Teacher and iPad Coordinator, Apple Distinguished Educator
“I love that Showbie is so versatile that the youngest of students can use it independently, yet it is appropriate for older grades as well. The ease of use makes it a great workflow solution for classes with iPads.”
— Kristi Meeuwse, Kindergarten Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator
KEY FEATURES FOR TEACHERS & STUDENTS
• Share work from thousands of compatible iPad apps in a few taps
• Use the pen tool and pin text notes directly on any PDF or image
• Quickly distribute instructions and materials to your whole class
• Chat privately with individual students to provide timely feedback
• Record voice notes for verbal feedback or language exercises
• Quickly review and assess batches of student work and provide rich, valuable feedback
• Add student work to individual digital portfolios, or enable students to curate their own portfolios
• Invite parents to view their student’s work and keep them informed of classroom activity
• Can be used with any classroom subject
• Available in 13 languages
ENHANCED SHOWBIE PRO FEATURES
• Record and track grades as numeric scores or letter grades, along with qualitative feedback
• Provide richer feedback with more pen colours and line thicknesses, by typing on the page, or by pinning voice notes directly to student work
• Record longer voice notes and videos and upload larger files
• Lock assignments to control student access to documents and feedback
• Give parents complete access to assignments in the classes you choose
Fixed in 4.2.4:
Crash that could sometimes occur when opening a document.
New in 4.2.3:
In addition to Microsoft Word documents, you can now annotate PowerPoint and Excel docs in Showbie!
While viewing an ePub document, you can now add it to a student portfolio.
Documents from the app Smash HD can now be shared to Showbie.
Fixed a bug that prevented the export of some grades.
New in 4.2.2:
You can now use the search bar to filter items in more areas of the app. We hope this makes life a little easier for those of you who are juggling especially long lists of classes, assignments, or students!
Fixed in 4.2.1:
Uploading a PDF would sometimes cause a crash on iOS 10 devices.
New in 4.2:
If you’ve ever found yourself wanting to annotate something other than a PDF or image, this is the update for you! Showbie ink and other annotations can now be added to Microsoft Word documents. You can also choose to export your file as either the original Word doc, or a PDF copy including the annotations. We’ll be following up shortly with support for additional document formats, so stay tuned!
For those teachers and students lucky enough to own a shiny new iPad Pro, we’ve added support for Apple Pencil 2 double-tap gestures. This allows you to quickly switch between pen and eraser while you’re working, switch between recently used tools, or display tool options.
When you’re writing a comment in an assignment folder, class discussion, or group, Showbie will now remember the in-progress comment, so you won’t have to start again if you accidentally navigate somewhere else before posting your comment.
We’ve squashed some bugs, including one related to archiving and deleting groups, and one related to saving an assignment with schedules.
Ratings and Reviews
Please add a shape maker
Just like in word or any other documents you can add shapes like squares, rectangle, circles, etc...It would save time for my students that are spending to much time to just make a rectangle. Instead I’m drawing the shapes on the documents (mainly the EngageNY math) and would save me time.
My Showbie doesn’t work
Showbie doesn’t work and it said don’t hesitate to ask you sooooo yeah
Better than Canvas
Everyone use this and not Canvas.
- Showbie Inc.
- 124.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Showbie Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition $149.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.