Showbie – Paperless Classroom
By Showbie Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Used by over 2 million teachers and students worldwide, Showbie is the fastest, easiest, and most effective app for assignments and feedback in your iPad classroom.
Find out how easy it is to assign, collect and review student work from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or have your students complete assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Provide rich feedback using digital ink, text and voice annotations right on images and PDFs, and then add your students’ best work to personalized digital portfolios that can be securely shared with parents.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
“Showbie is my number one can't live without app! It makes the iPad workflow process a breeze! I especially love how it works seamlessly with so many other apps.”
— Kristen Paino, Lead Technology Integrator at Avenues: The World School
“I don't need to convince my colleagues that they need to use this app — it sells itself. I like that it gives me the flexibility in how I choose to grade my student's work, especially with the voice notes feature. There is no single third party app that I would rather champion.”
— Suzanne Lustenhouwer, Teacher and iPad Coordinator, Apple Distinguished Educator
“I love that Showbie is so versatile that the youngest of students can use it independently, yet it is appropriate for older grades as well. The ease of use makes it a great workflow solution for classes with iPads.”
— Kristi Meeuwse, Kindergarten Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator
KEY FEATURES FOR TEACHERS & STUDENTS
• Share work from thousands of compatible iPad apps in a few taps
• Use the pen tool and pin text notes directly on any PDF or image
• Quickly distribute instructions and materials to your whole class
• Chat privately with individual students to provide timely feedback
• Record voice notes for verbal feedback or language exercises
• Quickly review and assess batches of student work and provide rich, valuable feedback
• Add student work to individual digital portfolios, or enable students to curate their own portfolios
• Invite parents to view their student’s work and keep them informed of classroom activity
• Can be used with any classroom subject
• Available in 13 languages
ENHANCED SHOWBIE PRO FEATURES
• Record and track grades as numeric scores or letter grades, along with qualitative feedback
• Provide richer feedback with more pen colours and line thicknesses, by typing on the page, or by pinning voice notes directly to student work
• Record longer voice notes and videos and upload larger files
• Lock assignments to control student access to documents and feedback
• Give parents complete access to assignments in the classes you choose
What's New in Version 3.1.1
New in Showbie 3.1.1
Bug fixes and iOS 10 compatibility.
New in Showbie 3.1
Every Showbie class now includes a class discussion, where students can ask questions, chat about projects, and share their work. Teachers can easily moderate the discussion by pausing/unpausing student posts with a single tap.
In groups and class discussions, new posts and updates will automatically flow into the app in realtime, allowing for instant feedback and fluid conversations.
In-App Push Notifications
Showbie push notifications are now surfaced in the app while you’re using it, so you can easily stay on top of conversations and updates happening in multiple classes or groups at once.
Streamlined Commenting Interface
You can now type a comment directly into a group or folder with a faster and more streamlined interface.
New in Showbie 3.0
Create a group and invite any combination of your fellow teachers, students, and parents to join. Use a group to share resources with your department staff, have a class discussion with your students, or coordinate with parents for extra-curricular activities. We can’t wait to see how you’ll put this feature to use!
Bug or something
My showbie isn't working properly. It forces quit and is unable to save certain documents. Please fix this bug or tell me what I did wrong.
Needs Apple Pencil support
Yes, the Apple Pencil does work with the app, but the palm rejection is very poor and the application needs to have better differentiation.
Ver useful for teachers and students
It's very simple and easy to use. This is great for teachers you simply download copies on it.each student gets it.Teachers can grade the papers and mark the students mistake. It's simply paperless you can mark on the documents it will also tell you when it's due and the teacher can leave you notes on what to do. Truly great for someone who wants to be a teacher.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 27, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 94.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Showbie Inc.
- © 2016 Showbie Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition$179.99