Showbie – Paperless Classroom
By Showbie Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Go paperless in your classroom! With Showbie, you can quickly and easily assign, collect and review student work on your iPad, then provide rich feedback to your students by adding annotations, text notes and voice notes directly onto their documents. Students can show their learning creatively by submitting to Showbie from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or by completing assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Showbie keeps everyone organized with individual student assignment folders, email and push notifications.
It’s easy to get started!
Create your first class and assignment, then give the Showbie class code to your students so they can join. Your whole class will be up and running in minutes.
Effortlessly distribute material to your students!
Add instructions or a document to your assignment. Showbie will send your students a notification that their assignment has been updated, so they can immediately begin working on their own copy of the materials you provided.
Keep your class organized!
With Showbie’s individual student folders, your students will never lose their homework again. Student work is stored securely in the cloud, so students can even switch between iPads and keep working. Showbie also reminds students when assignment due dates are approaching.
Engage your students with rich, responsive feedback!
Students can ask questions or comment right inside their assignment folder, so you can provide immediate guidance while they work. Students and teachers can also record voice notes for instant verbal feedback.
Let your students show their creativity!
Students can record voice notes, video, and take pictures right within Showbie. They can also submit homework to Showbie from thousands of the most creative iPad apps.
Fast and painless marking!
Showbie shows you which students have submitted work, and which submission’s you’ve already graded. Grab your iPad and a comfy chair and finish that batch of marking in record time.
Follow us on twitter for all the latest! twitter.com/Showbie
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• Lots of bug fixes and small improvements. (108, to be exact!)
• Student portfolios are now part of Showbie Pro! You and your students can instantly tag any document, comment, or grade from any assignment to be included in a personal portfolio. It’s a great way to collect examples of your students’ best work, and show evidence of their progress over time. Next parent-teacher night will be a breeze.
• We’ve added the ability to copy classes. This means you can take a class from last year, complete with all assignments and shared materials, and easily reuse it with your new students this year! The copy class feature is included in both Showbie Basic and Showbie Pro.
• You can now create assignments without a due date. Great for long-term projects or ongoing tasks, or if you just want to let your students know what a cool and easygoing teacher you are.
• Works great on iOS9!
• The Showbie Gradebook is here! Teachers using Showbie Pro can now add grades while viewing student work. Grade entry is super fast and flexible – you can add anything from 10/10, 100%, A+, or even your favorite emoji! When you’re done you can review grades at a glance, and if you need to, export your grades to another system.
• A big upgrade to the pen tool! Now you can use two fingers to pan and zoom around a document while the pen tool is selected. We’ve also upgraded the pen to create smoother, more natural lines for better quality writing and drawing.
• Student Search! Teachers can now see and search a list of all students across all of their classes. Pick a student from this list and get a summary of that student’s classes, assignments, and grades all in one place.
• We’ve added an ‘All Assignments’ view for students and teachers, allowing students and teachers to see upcoming tasks and due dates across all of their classes.
• The Showbie website is now available in 12 languages, just like the iOS app.
• We’ve added a new way for you to try out Showbie Pro! Invite your fellow teachers to try Showbie, and when one of them signs up, we’ll upgrade both of you to Showbie Pro for 2 weeks!
• Pinned Voice Notes (Pro Feature). Now you can pin a voice note to any page of a PDF or image, making verbal feedback easier than ever!
• You may now PERMANENTLY delete archived classes and assignments if you like. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
• Teachers and students can now customize their notification settings from within the iOS app.
• We added an easier way to remove yourself from a class if you’re a co-teacher. As well, students can now elect to remove themselves from a class in the iOS app.
• You can now read super-super-long pinned text notes in their entirety. The display of notes imported from other PDF editors is also improved.
• Showbie is now available on iPhone and iPod touch! Take your class with you everywhere, on any iOS device. Who needs Wifi?
• We love our international teachers and students! Showbie is now available in Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Arabic, French, Norwegian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese!
Like using Showbie? Please take a moment to review our app on the App Store. Your review helps even more teachers and students discover Showbie!
Follow us on Twitter for all the latest! twitter.com/Showbie
What An App!!
I have been trying to find apps that will make my classroom more and more technology literate. We have had eBooks for the last 4 years and I have been trying to encourage my students (7th - 11th grade) to do more and more of their work with technology. ShowBie is perfect because my students can work on their math together on an iPad and then submit for grading (which can be easily done on the app). They are beginning to submit homework through ShowBie as well, and we are having so much fun figuring out all the different things for which we can use ShowBie. I am so excited to get my fellow teachers on board with this app. It has such potential for school wide use.
Quest to Paperless Classroom
iPad has been a powerful tool for taking in and producing information for my kiddos. Showbie has helped me close the loop on my paperless classroom by allowing my kids to submit work created on iPad to a central place that I can now access from my 1 iPad (instead of pecking around in each little iPad or dealing with a stampede of airdropped files). The added bonus is that when I post, grade, and leave comments on their assignments, parents can see if from home! I wish the app supported Pages/Word uploads so that I could work with students via Tracked Changes. Maybe in the future. Also, making sign in easier for multiple users would be so clutch! (Ahem, useful).
Showbie: A Must for Teachers!
Showbie is one of my favorite teacher tools which helps not only me, but students as they try to utilize their phones not only for entertainment, but for learning and education. My students are encouraged to use their phones as educational tools and they voted Showbie as the #1 app of their choice. They find Showbie easy to navigate and complete assignments and beg me for more "paperless" assignments all of the time.
I, too, am finding Showbie to be one of my top three teacher tools that enhances my teaching and helps me and my students become better at utilizing our mobile devices for the classroom.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Showbie Inc.
- © 2015 Showbie Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition$11.99