ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard
By Learnbat, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPad into your personal interactive whiteboard!
ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s an amazingly simple app that anyone can use, no matter how young or old!
INTUITIVE AND POWERFUL
- Record your ShowMe tutorial right away — no manuals or complicated menus needed
- Drop in images onto the whiteboard
- Easily switch between drawing and erasing (as well as pausing and playing) to make your ShowMe flow from concept to concept
- You can make your ShowMe as long or as short as it needs to be, and record as many ShowMe’s as you want. Go nuts!
- Once you’re finished recording, upload your ShowMe to share with the community (or keep it private if you prefer)
- Discover awesome tutorials created by other members of the ShowMe community
A VARIETY OF USES
- Easily explain a range of topics from math to chemistry to music theory to basket weaving.
- Add ShowMe’s to your Do-It-Yourself blog
- Attach a personal message to any travel photos you want to share
- Diagram offensive and defensive strategies for sports
- Grade student work with commentary explaining the reasoning behind their performance
- Use ShowMe as an interactive whiteboard substitute
Implement a “flipped classroom”
- Showcase your ShowMes online and share your knowledge with your students, friends, family, or the world!
- Multiple brush colors
- Pause and erase
- Import pictures from your photo library, built-in camera, or web image search
- Unlimited lesson length
- Free to upload and share your recordings with friends
- Easy embedding for sharing anywhere
- Manage students with Groups
Groups is a auto-renewing monthly subscription that allows teachers to share their ShowMes and interact with students privately. For $5 a month a teacher can create an unlimited amount of groups and invite their students. Students can join groups for free!
AS SEEN ON
- Business Insider
- Numerous teacher blogs and educational blogs
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
The ShowMe team is small, nimble, and quick to respond to suggestions/requests. Follow us on twitter at @showmeapp. Or feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or stories about how you’re using ShowMe.
Terms & Conditions: http://www.showme.com/termsofuse
What's New in Version 4.2.2
Excellent app but...
I hope that the developers read these reviews. This is an excellent app. I use this a lot now for my students. I send them along with my weekly letter to the parents. Students are fascinated with this. But there are drawbacks.
One reviewer was absolutely correct. We make mistakes. You cannot go back and edit your mistakes. You have to start from scratch, especially if the drawing is correct the writing is correct, but your audio needs correcting. There is no way at this point to simply redo the audio.
I also think that the developers should have a way for the person creating the ShowMe lesson to edit it at different times, too add or delete. At this point I don't believe that can be done. I believe that this is a five-star app, but because of the drawbacks at this point I'm giving it three stars. I so hope that the developers and the suggestions that many of the reviewers have posted. I forgot to add that there is a five dollar fee per month if you wish to add your students to some kind of class list. That is a lot of money per month, but if it worked really well it would be great. My question also is what about the security of the site with regards to adding students to lists.
Probaby the worst execution of a basic app... ever.
The ShowMe app is overdeveloped in its social capabilities, as a strong enough foundation in regard to the actual heart of the app has not been established; the drawing, saving, recording, and creative tools of this app have been done terribly. The ShowMe app at its current stage is like a Twitter with deficiencies in its text box or "post" button (i.e. the core of the app is too weak for the secondary social aspect to be used). And what's worse, is that teachers and education specialists merely judge the app by its purpose (and not execution) and thus implement the app without user experience (which is crucial in understanding the failure in this app). For improvement, refine EVERYTHING about the actual recording and creativity (or lack thereof)... take a hint or two from your successful competitors Explain Everything, as they exhibit a very desired simplicity with a better suited user experience.
Love this app, but why change image upload feature??
I use this app daily in my instruction & I appreciate the addition of being able to move to different pages, but why on earth did you change the feature that allowed you take pictures right in the app or upload from the web into the app?!?!? It was a real time-saver & it seems like a move backwards in usefulness. You now have to close the app, go to camera, take the images, go back and open the app and then upload them! I wish I didn't update this app--the image upload feature in the old version were far superior... I would give it 5 or more stars if you wouldn't have taken that feature away!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 15, 2013
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Learnbat, Inc.
- © ShowMe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Color Pack - Plum basket$0.99
- Color Pack - Cake Shop$0.99
- Color Pack - Goldfish$0.99
- Color Pack - Shades of blue$0.99
- Color Pack - Shades of orange$0.99
- Color Pack - Chaplin$0.99
- Color Pack - Shades of green$0.99
- Color Pack - Tribeca$0.99