Shredder Chess for iPad
By Eiko Bleicher, Skizzix.com
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shredder, the most successful chess program ever, is also available for the iPad. You can play against Shredder, analyze with him and solve chess puzzles. It offers the usual Shredder standard on your iPad.
In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 12 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Watch your rating improve in a diagram
* Outstanding playing strength on the iPad
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Different playing styles from passive to aggressive
* Great variety: browsable opening book with more than one million moves
* Access 1200 GB of endgame databases online
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Send games via email
* Different chess boards and pieces
* VoiceOver / Accessibility support
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder or Deep Shredder (Mac, Windows or Linux). You will find your coupon code in the program info section.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
Bugfix for iOS 10 compatibility
iOS 10 update
Great app that has been updated to restore functionality in iOS 10.
Probably the best all-around chess app in the iOS world. Solid and proven engine, reasonable features (though a few things like the ability to save info to iCloud or Dropbox would be helpful), and with the most recent update, it runs pretty fast again.
Welcome iOS 10 update
Thanks for releasing the iOS 10 update. Well done. This includes some very welcome fixes!
I really like this chess app. It's very strong, has a nice rating system, when you set it for lower levels, it degrades play in a more realistic fashion than many chess games. It's a great app.
Having said that, there are still curious oddities (e.g. the use of the "export" icon for features completely unrelated to exporting is mystifying, it looks like it's using 2x artwork even on 3x displays, etc.) and missing features (e.g., iCloud support would be nice, ability to copy PGN to clipboard, etc.).
But I still love this app. I think it's the best chess app out there.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 16, 2016
- Version: 1.7.1
- Size: 34.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Eiko Bleicher
- © 2010 - 2016 shredderchess.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.