Shredder, the most successful chess program ever, is now also available for the iPhone. You can play against Shredder and solve chess puzzles. It offers the usual Shredder standard for your pocket.
The 12 times computer chess world champion Shredder is able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 100 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength and, if you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
Shredder Chess Lite features:
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 100 built in chess puzzles
* See your rating in a diagram
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Great variety: opening book with more than one million moves
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Different chess boards and pieces
* two player mode / enter moves
* Learn the name of the opening you are playing
* Accessibility / VoiceOver support
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
'Shredder Chess Lite' is a fully-functional version of 'Shredder Chess' for casual chess players. If you are an active player, need more features or simply want the best you should take a look at our pro version 'Shredder Chess'.
Here is what you will additionally get in our pro version:
* The strongest chess engine for the iPhone
* Can be set to outstanding playing strength
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Send games via email
* Different playing styles from passive to aggressive
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Analyse your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* 10 USD discount coupon for Shredder 13 Mac/Win on shredderchess.com
iOS 11 compatibility fix
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app for beginners
This was a great app to get me started. You can easily rewind to any point in the game and change your move at any time. Also gives you suggestions. You can also save your game for later analysis or just to rewatch. But now that I'm past 1500 Elo, I'm looking for a stronger chess engine.
I love this one. You are given suggestions a move might not be the best choice and a hint of a better one. As I played game after game my memory of the game improved, as did my confidence. I found my skill grew. Very engaging for me. I've tried many chess games and this for me is a keeper. Thanks!!
Shredder is for the Mentally Disturbed
That being the case, why would I want to buy this app, especially at such a high price?
Chess is the game of choice for the mentally ill the world over.
Go to any psych ward and you’ll find people sitting around playing the game over and over. Often shuffling around in the court yard in their pajamas, mumbling to themselves as they think about it continually.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.