SHREDDER - Synth for Guitar
By Yonac Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say hello to SHREDDER: the first professional iOS synthesizer designed for guitar! Raspy synth swells? Gotcha covered. Bass-doubled riffs? Yup. Strings 'n Things for beefing up the mix? Ditto. Luscious chords with the pick of one note? Sure thing. No special synth pickup needed.
SHREDDER is a synthesizer controlled by your guitar. Pop it on, plug in your guitar, hit the "Guitar Synth" button and start jamming. SHREDDER comes with a true analog synth engine including dual oscillators, 3 types of filter, a dedicated FM envelope as well as other goodies like dual LFOs, a virtual pedalboard and more. Chose among 100+ built-in presets, or create and save endless ones of your own.
SHREDDER comes with a dedicated guitar mix fader to mix in your guitar, and has attack and decay sensitivity faders to allow you to customize guitar tracking to your playing and input interface, whether its a USB in, a guitar adapter or the plain built-in mic. Headphones are required with use of the built in-mic, and we always recommend following the manufacturer's instructions for your audio interface to prevent feedback or a noisy signal.
SHREDDER's Chordmaker allows you to play up to 4-interval chords with ease: just play one note! Use the Chordmaker map to design and save your own progressions, or check out the built-in chord progressions.
But SHREDDER doesn't just toot its own horn: It's also a MIDI interface. Browse and select virtual MIDI compatible apps or MIDI Compatible devices inside the app, and select which one's you'd like to control. Hit "MIDI OUT" when ready, and start driving any of your favorite apps/synths/drum machines/etc via SHREDDER. And, yes...you can drive all of the 16 MIDI channels at the same time.
• Guitar Controlled Analog Modeling Synth / MIDI Interface
• 44.1k, 16-bit CD quality audio
• No synth pickup needed: works via guitar adapter or mic (best in quiet settings w/ amplified electric or regular acoustic guitar, if using mic)
• Virtual-Analog FM/Subtractive fully programmable hybrid synth engine w/ dedicated FM envelope
• Dual analog-modelling live oscillators with 7 waveforms each
• 3-Pass custom resonant filter
• Dedicated filter, amp and FM ADSR envelopes
• Dual individually configurable LFOs with rate, phase and destination amount
• Built in oscilloscope
• 16 channel virtual MIDI out
• MIDI in for playing w/ external controller
• Configurable MIDI CC map
• Programmable Chordmaker, with up to 4-interval polyphonic chords for each root note
• Glide & Noise
• Ring Modulation
• Virtual Pedalboard
• Audio Recording & Sharing (Audio Copy, WiFi, or Email)
• 100+ awesome presets
• Save any number of your own synth presets
• On-screen keyboard (6 note polyphony)
• Built-in tuner
***SHREDDER for iPhone is now available in the iTunes store!!!***
What's New in Version 1.2
• Upgraded to YPAT 2.0 preset file framework
• Can now export presets via email of wifi
• Can import compatible YPAT presets via email or wifi
• Fixes MIDI port naming issue that caused confusion when used with MidiBridge
• Introduces new "MIDI Server Mode" switch in MIDI panel: use "Selective" mode to control selected destinations in MIDI Destinations list (works as before). Use "Global" mode to send out signals to all midi ports through selected channels (works like a virtual hardware interface)
• Fixes key release early cutoff issue when used with some external keyboard controllers
Major Feature Updates and Free Expansions!
• New Chordmaker Module for transforming individual guitar notes to chords or harmonies! With Chordmaker you can create up to 4-interval chords for each note, or choose from 17 built-in chord definitions. You can also transpose on the fly and save progressions to file. To play full-on chords, you simply pick the root note on your guitar. All this is configured via the touch-screen matrix on the Chordmaker screen.
• Use Chordmaker to also control other virtual MIDI compatible apps by sending out auto-formed chord messages.
• 13 built-in chord progressions to get you started
• 14 brand new presets in the new "Polyphony" bank that utilize the new features
• Upgraded synth engine, now with 6-voice MIDI-in & virtual keyboard polyphony, and up to 6 simultaneous voices via Chordmaker when using a guitar.
The tracking in this app works incredibly well, even when playing extremely fast. Sweep picking, economy picking, two hand tapping, etc, it will get it all as long as you play cleanly. It does not seem to pick up on multiple picking of the same note, but I found this to be very minor compared to how well it does everything else. This app will literally change the way you think about guitar.
The built-in synth holds its own, but more important is the ability to control other synth apps, which makes this as much a tool as a toy. I've only spent a little time with the chord programmer, but I can tell there is a lot of potential there.
This app works great with Apogee Jam. I could not get it to work very well with Focusrite Solo so if you are having trouble with it, it may be your interface. I was able to make some really cool sounds with it but I must admit I really had to work at it. I also tried recording it with a drum loop running in the background but when I
pasted it next to the loop it was out of sync. For now I will record it though a Mic & Amp. I still think it is a really cool app for the price and hope the developers give us updates in the future.
Not professional anything...
Most voices track the guitar too slowly, not professional...
Most voices (presets) wobble between desired pitch and other...
Most voices (presets) are at best useless to anything professional or progressive (as in forward thinking) guitarists would want to use...
Ever heard of Robert Fripp, or Adrian Belew?
The developer wishes to tout the "Professional Guitar Synth for IOS" they have come up with. In actuality, they have come up with a dandy looking thing to make your guitar sound like a lame IOS synth. Such a shame, too. After using Magellen and being totally impressed by it...well, should have tried the drum kit thing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 10, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yonac Inc.
- © 2011 - 2012 Yonac Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.