Reduce the file size of PNG, JPEG and GIF images while "maintaining the original dimension" instead of "downsizing the image". Save more disk space and store more stuff on your iDevices.
Thanks to all the customers and see what they said:
***** "Fabulous little app, highly recommended for iPad" by CSB 13 from USA
***** "Ótimo" by Raphaelaseixas from Brazil
***** "Top App - Funktioniert" by Dr. B. M from Germany
***** "Great thanks" by Milk missus from Australia
***** "Very useful program" by AlexMrDeath from Russia
**** "Super Sache" by gäbeli from Switzeland
How it works:
Instead of downsizing the image to reduce the file size like other apps, Shrink My Pictures will try to analyze and re-compress the image with the same dimension to obtain minimum disk usage. The image quality might be changed but most of the time it is not noticeable.
Generally, you could save 30%~50% of the disk space for a JPEG image.
It usually takes a little more time to process PNG images.
GIF images are usually near-optimized. They still can be optimized but the amount of disk space can be reduced is limited.
How to use:
Select an image from your photo library, and the optimized image will be saved to the library automatically.
Apple does not allow 3rd party app to modify/remove user's photos. Thus the optimized images will be saved as new images since overwriting original images is impossible currently.
1. Optimize multiple images at the same time.
2. Show file size of all the images in your album.
3. The disk space you saved let you store more stuff on your iDevices.
4. It is also faster to share your optimized images with others while keeping original dimension.
1. The size you will save depends on the image itself. (IMPORTANT!)
2. A temporarily file will be created before processing, therefore be sure to have some space available on your iDevice. The temporarily will be removed automatically once you quit the app.
3. The processing time might depends on the size of the original image, but you can cancel it at any time.
4. It usually takes a little more time to process PNG images.
Please report any bugs or questions at our forum on the website. We will do our best to solve your problems.
1. Update for iOS 7
2. Brand new UI design.
3. Multiple images batch processing
4. Optimized images are saved into a separate album "Shrink My Pictures"
5. Add a counter to record total space saved by this app.
Ratings and Reviews
Faster & easier functionality. GUI stupid simple (a good thing).
A lot of file-shrink apps are slow or counterintuitive. Not ShrinkMyPic. This version delivers task-speed just slightly below warp speed (on an iPad 3.2 & latest iOS). No waiting. GUI is a little juvenile. But I can deal because it is braindead linear. I do a lot of PNG screenshot (huge on iPad) file-size reductions for social media shares. They upload fast with no clipping. Separate photo album assists EZ selection. Made it pretty idiot proof. Which for me, again, is a good thing. Adding a cropping tool would be nice.
It's great for what it does. I don't use it to save space on my phone; I have an external storage drive for that. I use it to reduce file size for posting photos on Facebook or uploading to my blog. Every time I post photos, it eats up my data. I can't control photo size with my camera. This app is the solution. Its only downfall is that it doesn't reduce smaller than 93mb. Post 10 photos that size, and you've used up 1 gig of data.
Great easy app.
This is so easy and works so well. I noticed I couldn't upload photos to some sites due to the size. This little app is a true gem. It shrinks those pictures down in a snap and it is so user friendly. Very well designed controls to make it easily used by anyone who can use an iPhone.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.