SI Play – Manage SIPlay or League Athletics Teams
By Sports Illustrated Play LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simplify and celebrate your sports life with Sports Illustrated Play's mobile experience. Rosters, Schedules, Messaging, Photos and more! APP REQUIRES A PRE-EXISTING ACCOUNT WITH SPORTS ILLUSTRATED PLAY OR LEAGUEATHLETICS.COM TO USE.
The Sports Illustrated Play app provides busy coaches, parents and players a unified place to manage their hectic youth sports lives. Already trusted by more than 10 million sports enthusiasts, Sports Illustrated Play's mobile app is the latest technology benefit for our leagues, clubs and teams.
Features of the app include:
* A unified Family Schedule to track games, practices and events across ALL of your teams. No more switching from team to team to figure out where you need to be when.
* Turn your team into your own private social network with a media-rich Feed to keep you informed of what's going on with your teammates, share stories and photos, and chat using built-in instant messaging.
* Photo-rich Player Cards and Rosters that turn every player into a hero!
* Integration with iScore Scorekeeping products - view Scorecasts (live play-by-play) of any game scored using iScore for Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Basketball, Soccer or Football (for a limited time, enjoy our full Scorecast capability FREE).
* Chat live and share action photos during every game. Great for those who can't be there in person!
* Automatic driving times and directions utilizing any of your favorite map apps.
* Email, push notifications and texts keep you up-to-date on any schedule changes or important messages from Coach.
* Easily track attendance and assign snacks for any event.
* Compatible with your Sports Illustrated Play, SportsSignup or League Athletics account!
ABOUT SI PLAY
SI Play brings together industry leaders in sports software around a simple yet ambitious goal: to connect the world of youth sports. Since its launch in July 2015, SI Play has gained tremendous momentum and now supports more than 10 million active users each month across a wide range of sports, regions and age ranges through its digital products and services, and it has official technology partnerships with nine youth sports national governing bodies. The company provides the platform and tools to fuel the passion for sports and ensure a rewarding experience for all participants.
What's New in Version 1.10.009
Bug fixes and improvements.
Won't allow me to login or add teams
This is horrible. I keep getting invitations from my children's coaches to join the teams, but the app only allows me to join one team. I downloaded the app and used the "magic link" to login, but all that seems to mean is that I don't have a password and can't login from the Web site to try to figure out what is wrong. When I try to retrieve my password, it tells me I don't have an account associated with that e-mail address. But then, it sent me an e-mail -- to that VERY SAME e-mail address -- telling me someone tried to login with that (same) e-mail address and that I should verify it. So ... I try to verify it and get the same old message -- that there is no account associated with this e-mail address. I can't believe this app is associated with Time, Inc. and Sports Illustrated. No wonder those companies are losing money. This is the primary way coaches are communicating schedules and other team info, and I can't access any of it. Meanwhile I have spent three-plus hours on this today -- that's time I'm never getting back.
Terrible if you have more than 1 league
I coach my 2 kids playing in 3 different leagues that all use SI Play and this app is terrible at helping me manage that. It doesn't remove cancelled events from the calendar subscription so if I cancel a practice it stays in my calendar and just has the word "Cancelled" at the end of the event title where you can't see it unless you open the app.
Also, my kids baseball league added all the games and now every time I open the app I get the "Actions to take" menu dropping down asking for attendance for all 24 of the games. Why wouldn't they ask one game at a time. And it also keeps asking me to invite family members when I already have. And now recently, I've started getting pop up ads.
This is a poorly designed app that needs a ton of work to become a useful league/team management tool and not just an advertisement platform for SI Play.
We use this app for my daughters' lacrosse teams. Easy to see the schedules in one place; easy to let the coaches know when we can and can't make practice or games - as well as see who else is coming; easy to get driving directions for away games; easy to communicate with other parents on the team and I love the roster cards. Like most apps it took a few minutes of playing around to find where everything is, but well worth the time.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 1.10.009
- Size: 107 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sports Illustrated Play LLC
- © (c) 2015-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.