Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See what's going around with Sickweather, the world's first Doppler radar for sickness. As featured on the Today Show, Sickweather provides real-time alerts whenever you enter a sick zone. Be alerted for Flu, Norovirus, Pink Eye, Whooping Cough, and 19 other illnesses.
Sickweather has been honored among "100 Brilliant Companies" by Entrepreneur Magazine, "Top 5 Sites Crowdsourcing for Your Health" by George Washington University School of Public Health & Health Services, and has been recognized for identifying the early start flu season, 6 weeks before the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Sickweather uses a patent-pending process to track and map reports of illness from social media in addition to crowdsourcing directly from our user community. Reports are aggregated into animated 5 Day Radar maps at the National level (US only) and represented by blue "SICK" map markers at the local level -- tap them for more information of exactly when they were reported. Some viruses can survive on surfaces for up to 48 hours and can have a viral life cycle of 2 weeks, so we color-code more recent reports as RED within 1 day, ORANGE within 2 days, YELLOW within 1 week, and we include reports as old as 2 weeks in BLUE.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.2
- New 5 Day Radar map of illnesses (US only) featuring improved population and intensity analysis!
- Easily animate and pause the 5 Day Radar map at any zoom level or location!
- Increased zoom level to National view
- Minor bug fixes & updates
In addition to the new featured updates from versions 2.0 - 2.1:
- Anonymously report your own illnesses and symptoms directly to the Sickweather map
- Reported illnesses are saved to your own My Reports Map for historical reference
- Tap the sick cloud annotations to access "Report Detail" pages to see symptom/illness glossary definitions and share individual reports
- Forecast and map location can be changed to view the illness activity outside of your local area
- Save your favorite locations when you search forecasts in other cities
It's like a weather app, but for sickness!
Now that there are radar maps, it's even more like a weather app! And I love that I can change the location to see what's going around where my daughter is going to school. She's going to get so many care packages next semester!
Super cool that I can see what's going around and if I'm traveling I can check this to see if there are any sicknesses I can prepare for.
It's really fun to explore the map and see where recent outbreaks were.