Sid Meier's Pirates!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All hands on Deck! Sid Meier's Pirates! is an exciting high-seas adventure that allows buccaneers to helm one of 27 fully customizable ships as you descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to amass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. As a fearless Pirate Captain you will collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts at every port. The wild call of the ocean will lure you back to sea where you'll encounter enemy pirates and engage in mind-blowing open sea battles unlike any other game before on the iPhone.
Overflowing with intense pirate action, Sid Meier's Pirates! features a treasure chest of gameplay riches including traditional minigames, such as Sword Fighting, Ship Combat and Dancing.
• Take the helm of 27 ships and customize them with assorted ammo, cannons and other upgrades
• The classic adventure by renowned creator Sid Meier, re-imagined for the iPhone to take full advantage of touch controls
• Use the iPhone's touch controls to parry, counter and effectively out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor's mansion
• Challenge and pursue the most famous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and Henry Morgan
для детей старше 12 лет
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Minor bug fixes
Great game, a few bugs
This is definitely worthy of Sid's name, but it still has a few bugs. I've also searched the Internet in regards to this game and it a that it does not exist for the iPhone... Rather strange since it's in the App Store. Long story short, don't expect to find a whole lot that deals with the iPhone version. As for the bugs, it's small stuff (like the flags on the world map not being positioned properly); nothing that's game-stopping. At least nothing I've found so far (and I'm pretty much at the end). Also, the game-saving thing isn't real; you can't save in port. The other thing I'd like to see fixed is bombardment and going ashore. I know these are a lot more extensive activities on the computer version; what gives?! Also along that line is the way treasure maps are handled. I've only had any luck using one piece once. All other times the location was impossible to determine without using the track feature. It's also kind of silly not to have the world map remember the names of settlements, etc when YOU'VE BEEN TO THEM!
That said, for $.99, it's a steal. But I don't think I'd spend $3 on it. I'd rather save it for the PC version.
Great portable game
Well to put into perspective this is the best iPhone iPod game out there. I will say that sword fighting needs to be tweaked but other mini-games are fun. The biggest problem with sword fighting is the one who hits first wins. So becoming a super quick sword fighter is key. This mini-game really needs to be balanced or maybe a sort of stun or sword breaking. On apprentice it starts easy but it more becomes a race against time to do everything before you age to much. A slower time system or maybe a doctor at ports to slow down aging or slightly reverse it. Perhaps you could discover the fountain of youth so you would be young forever that would be great
3 Stars Until Stupid Bugs Fixed.
When in ship battles, changing your cannon ball types makes your ship turn that direction. That's stupid and lazy development. Also, dancing is bugged up as well. Swordplay is often not responsive or efficient for screen-swipe action. 5 Stars coming your way when you decide we're important to look over these issues for your fans and customers, and actually fix these issues you knew were there all along.
*It would be impossible to beta test this game and not know of these simple bugs upon release. From the looks of it, you just ignored them from the start, and continue to do so. 3 Stars is probably more than you deserve because of this.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 25, 2012
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 462 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 2K Games
- © (C) 2004 - 2012 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., the Take-Two logo, 2K, the 2K logo, Firaxis Games, the Firaxis Games logo, and Sid Meier's Pirates! are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software in the U.S. and/or other countries. Portions of this software are included under license (c) 2009 Emergent Game Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. All other marks and trademarks are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).