Sid Meier's Pirates!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All hands on Deck! Sid Meier's Pirates! is an exciting high-seas adventure that allows buccaneers to helm one of 27 fully customizable ships as you descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to amass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. As a fearless Pirate Captain you will collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts at every port. The wild call of the ocean will lure you back to sea where you'll encounter enemy pirates and engage in mind-blowing open sea battles unlike any other game before on the iPhone.
Overflowing with intense pirate action, Sid Meier's Pirates! features a treasure chest of gameplay riches including traditional minigames, such as Sword Fighting, Ship Combat and Dancing.
• Take the helm of 27 ships and customize them with assorted ammo, cannons and other upgrades
• The classic adventure by renowned creator Sid Meier, re-imagined for the iPhone to take full advantage of touch controls
• Use the iPhone's touch controls to parry, counter and effectively out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor's mansion
• Challenge and pursue the most famous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and Henry Morgan
для детей старше 12 лет
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Minor bug fixes
Great game, a few bugs
This is definitely worthy of Sid's name, but it still has a few bugs. I've also searched the Internet in regards to this game and it a that it does not exist for the iPhone... Rather strange since it's in the App Store. Long story short, don't expect to find a whole lot that deals with the iPhone version. As for the bugs, it's small stuff (like the flags on the world map not being positioned properly); nothing that's game-stopping. At least nothing I've found so far (and I'm pretty much at the end). Also, the game-saving thing isn't real; you can't save in port. The other thing I'd like to see fixed is bombardment and going ashore. I know these are a lot more extensive activities on the computer version; what gives?! Also along that line is the way treasure maps are handled. I've only had any luck using one piece once. All other times the location was impossible to determine without using the track feature. It's also kind of silly not to have the world map remember the names of settlements, etc when YOU'VE BEEN TO THEM!
That said, for $.99, it's a steal. But I don't think I'd spend $3 on it. I'd rather save it for the PC version.
Awesome and "not so nice"
I had not played Pirates since it was on a Mac back in the late 80s. This version is SO true to the original, and has so many enhancements. The graphics add a lot to the gameplay.
Now for the "not so nice."
1. Attacking a city gets you no loot. None. That is lame, since I am supposed to be a pirate.
2. There are no land attacks. I miss this. Additionally, if a city (or settlement) does not have a fort, you cannot attack at all and hand it over to the country of your choice. Now we have no loot AND no opportunity to attack.
3. Related to my first "complaint," you have no control when bombarding a city. The old version allowed you to use some skill. The new version only tells you that you won or lost, and you can only make a guess about if you should attack or not.
I love the game and play it too much. :-) I am thrilled with how the game has been updated for the iphone. Still, I would be thoroughly pleased of the game had added all the enhancements without removing facets of the the old gameplay.
Wheres the rest of th game?
Hello I am a long time player of Sid Miers games. Pirates is one ot the only games i bought when it first came out.
My review is the app not the game. In the original xbox game you have the option of bombarding a town and taking it for the country of your choosing but there is a mini game battle involing all your troops, if you take the town you get the town treasury. The app does not give you the option of the land battle or the treasury. Loosing you a lot of gold.
In the app every second you spend in town is a day so dont go into town then sat your phone down.
In the app it does not give you the option of what cargo to drop if you have to abandon a ship.
It is very hard to dance in the app making it almost impossible to marry.
In the app you cannot scroll down and see all the special items you have bought leaving you to wonder how many you have left to buy.
Asside from these things i would give it 4 stars i it just gave you the town treasury when you have earned it. It is a five star in the origional game though. Heck mayby 6 lol.e
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 25, 2012
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 462 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 2K Games
- © (C) 2004 - 2012 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., the Take-Two logo, 2K, the 2K logo, Firaxis Games, the Firaxis Games logo, and Sid Meier's Pirates! are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software in the U.S. and/or other countries. Portions of this software are included under license (c) 2009 Emergent Game Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. All other marks and trademarks are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).