Sid Meier's Railroads!
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Build a railroad empire and shape a nation!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Lay track, route trains and watch the world come to life in this compelling mix of train set and business simulator. Become the ultimate railroad robber baron with the drive to shape a nation, build an empire and amass a fortune.
Spanning the history of the railroads from the steam engines of the 1830s to the bullet trains of today, Sid Meier’s Railroads! is a bold re-imagining of the legendary Railroad Tycoon (1990), the game that launched the “tycoon” genre.
Important information regarding Sid Meier's Railroads!:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements:
◦ Processor: 1.8GHz Intel
◦ RAM: 4.0GB
◦ Graphics: 256MB
◦ Mac OS: 10.12.4
◦ Free Space: 2.0GB
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 1xx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 9xxx series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Sid Meier's Railroads! mini-site at feralinteractive.com/railroads
© 2006–2017 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Sid Meier’s Railroads!, 2K Games, the 2K logo, Firaxis Games, the Firaxis Games logo and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright ©1991-2017 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Portions of this software are included under license: ©2006–2017 Scaleform Corporation. All rights reserved. Uses Gamebryo software ©1999-2017 Emergent Game Technologies. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Improves interface of the pre-game Options window.
• Removes functionality for connecting the game to a Game Center account.
• Removes functionality for online play through a Game Ranger account.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
An enduring favorite
This game has held up really well and I was so surprised to see an update to it after all this time. The update is minor but it fixes a few age related quirks that had developed. The Midwest and North East US scenarios are my favorites. I like how there are 3 sets of goals to try to accomplish spanning many years. I don’t think a railroad simulation appeals to everybody but this one is really great.
This train simulator game is awesome. Many ways to play. Different scenatios to finish. Satisfying and entertaining.
More Fun than I expected + a Santas workshop level!
I love this game!
This is a game with great replayability - you'll come back to it again and again.
The game is easy, but not simple - go through the tutorials and know going in that It'll take about 20 minutes to get the basics down, after that - it's 100% fun!
What is the game play like? Well contrary to the screenshots, you're not actually driving trains - you don't control speed for example.
A typical game works like this: you start with a station and one small track in front of the station.
"Draw" track to connect your starter station with other towns, and supplies.
Then "Schedule" a train and pick the cars (up to 8) that the train will use.
Your new train will now work automatically going back and forth, earning you money with each trip.
Now repeat - branch out to new towns and industries to earn more money and use that money to build even more track, and buy more trains.
In the computer multiplayer mode, there can be up to 3 computer contolled opponents -they are also building track on the same map and your goal is to buy them out.
In single player mode - various missions will ask you to connect various towns and meet certain objectives before time runs out.
Some tips for gameplay:
* Stations can have 3 tracks, but you can upgrade your stations to terminals and those can take 4 tracks.
* When starting a game, two way routes are better than one way (ie transport people between towns as your first route since you'll get money in both directions)
* Pay attention to the little graphs on the locomotives, new locomotives appear throughout the game, but not all of them are better than the ones you already have.
* Old locomotives have a 'running cost' that can be quite high - later in the game it can pay to replace locomotives, even if it's with the same model.
* If you can't find a city on the map for an objective, use the 'go to city' button on the left side.
* You can raise/lower the track with + or - (helpful in many situations).
* The track doesn't have to be laid from start to finish all at once, you can 'draw' a small piece, then add to the end of it.
* The mouse wheel/scroll changes the game zoom - most of the game you'll want to be zoomed out all the way, but if you want your game to match the screenshots above, zoom in all the way.
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of this one as I have!
PS thanks to the developers for this update - it's great to see this app is still being maintained!
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 800 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2006–2017 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.4 or later