Sierra Club Trail Explorer
By Sierra Club
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sierra Club Trail Explorer is the only app you need to discover new places to enjoy the outdoors. Powered by AllTrails.com and building on the legacy of the Sierra Club's founder, John Muir, Trail Explorer provides an easy way to explore and enjoy the wilderness in your own backyard and across the country.
Download the app today to find, record, and share new adventures.
• Browse and share over 40,000 trails across North America.
• Search trails by name, activity, length, and location.
• Track routes, view live stats, and take geo-tagged photos using the iPhone GPS.
• Add new trails, write reviews, and submit routes and photos of your adventures.
• Access trails offline (save a trail to download its maps, photos, and reviews).
• Sync your saved trails and GPS tracks with your account on AllTrails.com.
Know a good trail that's not in our database? Go out and track it with our GPS Tracker to add the trail for others to enjoy.
• Requires iOS 5.0 or greater.
• GPS tracking requires an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4.
• GPS Tracker running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Internet connection required to download the initial batch of trails.
• AllTrails.com account required to add new trails, photos, and reviews.
Email email@example.com for support, issues, or feature requests.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
Fixes for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
Crashes when opening Reviews
It is a nice little app, especially for the price. It will find trails, provide maps and directions, and users have posted photos. However, the trail descriptions are minimal, so it would be nice to read reviews. But when I try to open the Review section, it crashes and shuts down. Oh, you *can* get out of the photos by tapping the photo and selecting the Back button. Works every time.
Great for finding good trails
I found this app exceptionally useful while hiking in the Rockies and in my home state. I like the ability to GPS track your progress and upload your own trails but for some reason the GPS actual route gets lost when I upload.
Okay but could be better
Nice info, but looks awful on an iPad, can't always seem to turn loose of a previous location, and each time I use it I have to search for the login bypass.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 01, 2013
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sierra Club
- ©2013 AllTrails, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.