Sight Control is a simple and user-friendly OS X application that will give you total control of your Mac’s built-in webcam.
◼ We like Sight Control because it’s not applying filters after you’ve taken pictures or video; moving the sliders back and forth results in real-time, immediate changes. - iLounge + Mac
◼ Powerful and easy to use built-in webcam controller - Softpedia
Sight Control will allow you to easily adjust the image quality in real time while using webcam apps such as Skype or FaceTime.
Sight Control will automatically identify Mac's built-in webcams, including Built-in iSight, Display iSight, FaceTime Camera (Built-in), FaceTime Camera (Display), FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in) and FaceTime HD Camera (Display).
Sight Control communicates with Mac’s built-in webcams and learns what settings they can support.
You can adjust all these settings
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
True hardware level control
• Instead of post processing already captured images from your webcam and apply filter to those images to create similar effects. Sight Control directly communicates with your webcam and adjusts hardware control values.
Works with almost every webcam app
• iChat, Messages
• Photo Booth
• QuickTime Player/QuickTime Player 7
• iStopMotion, BoinxTV
• WebEx, Jabber
• Adobe Connect
• Flash based webcam app and many other 3rd party apps
* Sight Control works with Mac’s built-in webcam only, does not work with iSight connected via FireWire.
* If you are using external UVC camera or plan to use one, please choose my other app - Webcam Settings.
• Brand new app icon and menubar icon.
• Add support for the FaceTime HD Camera on MacBook Air 2013, a new generation of Apple's built-in webcam totally different then any previous model. It supports Exposure Time, Brightness, Contract, Hue, Saturation and Sharpness controls and one new Noise Reduction control.
Ratings and Reviews
Odd performance and no support
This will not work well with your built in Mac HC camera. Half the controls aren't available to it. Also, I noticed it locked up some major apps like Photo Booth and OBS after I installed. Look for something else.
Doesn’t work on new MacBook
All of the controls are grayed out on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports). The Facetime HD Camera is selected (the only one I have) and no controls work. How do I get a refund?
Didn’t Work For Me, but I got a Refund.
I have a 2017 Macbook Pro with Touchbar & FaceTIme webcam, and this app did not work. It ran, displayed an icon in the menu bar, but all of the functions were grayed out. Customer support did not resolve my issue, but I was able to get a refund eventually
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.