Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Sight Control is a simple and user-friendly OS X application that will give you total control of your Mac’s built-in webcam.
◼ We like Sight Control because it’s not applying filters after you’ve taken pictures or video; moving the sliders back and forth results in real-time, immediate changes. - iLounge + Mac
◼ Powerful and easy to use built-in webcam controller - Softpedia
Sight Control will allow you to easily adjust the image quality in real time while using webcam apps such as Skype or FaceTime.
Sight Control will automatically identify Mac's built-in webcams, including Built-in iSight, Display iSight, FaceTime Camera (Built-in), FaceTime Camera (Display), FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in) and FaceTime HD Camera (Display).
Sight Control communicates with Mac’s built-in webcams and learns what settings they can support.
You can adjust all these settings
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
True hardware level control
• Instead of post processing already captured images from your webcam and apply filter to those images to create similar effects. Sight Control directly communicates with your webcam and adjusts hardware control values.
Works with almost every webcam app
• iChat, Messages
• Photo Booth
• QuickTime Player/QuickTime Player 7
• iStopMotion, BoinxTV
• WebEx, Jabber
• Adobe Connect
• Flash based webcam app and many other 3rd party apps
* Sight Control works with Mac’s built-in webcam only, does not work with iSight connected via FireWire.
* If you are using external UVC camera or plan to use one, please choose my other app - Webcam Settings.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Brand new app icon and menubar icon.
• Add support for the FaceTime HD Camera on MacBook Air 2013, a new generation of Apple's built-in webcam totally different then any previous model. It supports Exposure Time, Brightness, Contract, Hue, Saturation and Sharpness controls and one new Noise Reduction control.
The screen shot shows options not available to the user. I purchased the product because the screenshot shows the tools I need. However, only a few of the tools are functional, the other tools shown are appearance adornments.
Very misleading as this product offers very limited control. Hopefully the developers will make this item fully functional, right now it’s not.
A waste of money and time.
Exactly what I needed
I work in front of a dark background that always over-exposes my face terribly. This app completely solved the problem on my 2011 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.5. Thanks for the wonderful app!
Kind of a hassle to use.
This app does what it says it does and has a clean/simple interface but has some reliability issues and poor usability.
When in manual mode, and in some applications, the aperture will occasionally reset back down to 0. (happens every few minutes in skype, and also sometimes when opening a new camera application)
Occasionally, the controls will get "stuck", forcing you to restart the application.
First of all, the sliders/controls don't make a lot of sense.
For the exposure-time/shutter-speed, you are given a slider… but only the first 1/10th of the slider gives usable results making it hard to adjust the exposure time accurately.
A better solution would be to use a stepper control, or limit the usable exposure time to the first 1/4th of the range.
There is a control called "aperture"… but the webcams on most or all macbook/imacs have a fixed aperture if I'm not mistaken. This is probably the ISO/gain/amplifier setting… and you have to hold down a stepper button to adjust it (takes 10 seconds to go through the entire range). a slider would have been much less frustrating to use here.
Lot of features are "grayed out". I'm guessing some features are available to certain models… i don't really know. (aperture/shutter priority mode and NR doesn't work on mine)
Something like a Exposure-compensation setting would have been awesome to have since usually the auto-exposure is only off depending on your shirt color or background color.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Aug 07, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Liang-Hsin Chen
- © 2013 Mactaris
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later