Amazing - far better than most paid apps!
Approved by parents, teachers, and toddlers.
Help your child learn to speak, read, and spell as they learn to recognize words and letters by sight sound and tough
Sight Words, also known as the Dolch List are an integral part in learning how to read. The Dolch Word list contains 220 words that make up the most common words of the English language and are easiest learned by sight.
It is important for young readers to be able to instantly recognize these high frequency words in order to be proficient and fluent readers.
Why Sight Words by Little Speller? We believe that educational apps should be ridiculously fun, immensely educational, and affordable for all.
The only FULLY customizable app of its kind!
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
little speller is an exciting educational game that helps your child rapidly learn to read, write, and recognize words by sight, sound, and touch. The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app. Ideal for ages 0 to 6.
- Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
- Add your own items - take pictures of your child so he / she can learn to spell their own name! :-)
- Learn by sight, sound, and touch
- Uses real, crisp photographs that are carefully hand picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
- Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
- Multi-sensory learning tool - combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
- Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kid does not enjoy
- Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
* You can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
- Sound - you can turn the sound on or off
- Audio hints - if you want to learn just by sight, you can turn the audio hints off
- Visual hints - if you want to learn just by sound, you can hide the images
- Letter hints - if you don't want to show the letter hints in the destination tiles, you can turn them off
- Word oder - you can go from A to Z or in random order
- Letter order - you can go in any order or require that words are spelled from left to right
- Letter case - uppercase, lowercase, and capitalized spelling is supported
- Longest word - you decide the desired word length
- Customize items - every item is fully customizable (text, audio, and image). You can also add your own photos
- Customize letters - you can change the recorded voice for each of the letters
- Customize success sounds - can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
- Updated app to work for latest version of iOS
- Updated app to work on all of the latest iOS devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Impressed, Worth the Money
This is a great app. It is super easy for my 5 and 3 year old to use. It’s also very simple to add your own words with pictures and recording. Worth the money for sure.
I am new to this app and so far like that it can be customized. I am using it fair intervention with an emerging reader.
Bugged and glitched out - then reset!
I saw this app and was delighted with the idea, as my daughter already has another app just like it but it is not customizeable. I put in 3 words before she woke up from her nap and took her iPad from me. She saw it and played with it over and over and thought it was so cool. 5 minutes later she brought it to me and it was acting all weird... the pictures I'd added of myself, my husband and our son stopped showing up... so just on a white screen with the word blocks showing up. The sound wouldn't work on those pages at all and YES the volume was UP. I checked the customization screen and the pictures and recordings were still there, just wouldn't work in play mode. I told her sorry and told her to play another game. A few minutes later I saw her playing with the sightwords levels I'd deleted on there so she must have reset it.
So now I'm like.... WHY is it so easy to reset? WHY is there not an edit lock on it? Or is it possible that it just reset itself? I'm not going to pour my heart and soul into an app that my 2 year old can just tear apart in 2 seconds... and besides that, doesn't even work half the time. I had so many hopes for this app. I can't express how disappointed I am.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.