Sight Words by Little Speller
By Innovative Investments Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Amazing - far better than most paid apps!
Approved by parents, teachers, and toddlers.
Help your child learn to speak, read, and spell as they learn to recognize words and letters by sight sound and tough
Sight Words, also known as the Dolch List are an integral part in learning how to read. The Dolch Word list contains 220 words that make up the most common words of the English language and are easiest learned by sight.
It is important for young readers to be able to instantly recognize these high frequency words in order to be proficient and fluent readers.
Why Sight Words by Little Speller? We believe that educational apps should be ridiculously fun, immensely educational, and affordable for all.
The only FULLY customizable app of its kind!
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
little speller is an exciting educational game that helps your child rapidly learn to read, write, and recognize words by sight, sound, and touch. The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app. Ideal for ages 0 to 6.
- Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
- Add your own items - take pictures of your child so he / she can learn to spell their own name! :-)
- Learn by sight, sound, and touch
- Uses real, crisp photographs that are carefully hand picked and selected vs. cartoonish illustrations
- Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
- Multi-sensory learning tool - combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
- Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kid does not enjoy
- Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
* You can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
- Sound - you can turn the sound on or off
- Audio hints - if you want to learn just by sight, you can turn the audio hints off
- Visual hints - if you want to learn just by sound, you can hide the images
- Letter hints - if you don't want to show the letter hints in the destination tiles, you can turn them off
- Word oder - you can go from A to Z or in random order
- Letter order - you can go in any order or require that words are spelled from left to right
- Letter case - uppercase, lowercase, and capitalized spelling is supported
- Longest word - you decide the desired word length
- Customize items - every item is fully customizable (text, audio, and image). You can also add your own photos
- Customize letters - you can change the recorded voice for each of the letters
- Customize success sounds - can even customize the success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Perfect! Absolutely Perfect!
I finally succumbed to modern technology and this was the first education app I downloaded for my toddler. This app is exactly the simple, no frills, lowercase-word-recognition program I was seeking for my two-year-old. The recorded voice sounds like an encouraging kindergarten teacher who gets just the right amount of excited when a kid achieves a goal. Our daughter likes this one better than the “Endless” series that a friend recommended. I can see her enjoying this on special occasions for at least the next year. I wish this developer had more apps available!
The new lock for the settings is great! Now, I don't have problems with my kindergarten students changing anything. I love being able to create my own sight word lists. Thank you for the "as entered" choice on upper or lower case letters! Now, I can have cards with students names and other words! Awesome update to a fabulous app! Thank YOU!
Great spelling app
The best spelling app I've found for my students! Much better than Bitsboard.
Thank you for the update. It now works flawlessly on my classroom iPads.
I would like the option to have extra letters (choice of 1-5 extra) to make it a little more challenging, of course with the option to turn it off.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Investments Limited
- © Grasshopper Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.