Sight Words by Photo Touch
By Innovative Investments Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Grasshopper Apps = Top Educational Apps for Kids :-)
A fun and addictive way to learn sight words by sight, sound & touch.
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
Photo Touch is an exciting educational game that helps your child rapidly learn to recognize and read words by sight, sound, and touch. The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app. Ideal for ages 0 to 6.
* Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
* Add your own items - take pictures of your child's favorite items to make the game more fun and personal
* Learn by sight, sound, and touch
* Uses real, crisp child friendly fonts that are easy to read
* Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
* Dynamic game play adjust difficulty (the number of objects per page) automatically to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
* Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and touch the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by slowly repeating the desired question).
* Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and written words
* Don't like some of the existing items... no problem, just delete any item your kids does not enjoy
* Multi-language support - since you can edit existing items and add new items, you can record everything in your native tongue
* Sights words are neatly organized by level including preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and third grade
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.9
★★★★★ The only FULLY customizable app of its kind!
✔ Added ability to turn items ON / OFF from settings page so you can gradually introduce new animals into the game
✔ Added ability to add own categories of items
✔ Minor bug fixes and improvements
✔ Added ability to reset / restore app content to original settings
✔ Incorporated user suggestions and feedback
If you like this app, please support us by rating the app in the App Store. If you have questions, feedback or need help, just shoot us an email at email@example.com
Great app minus the little I
Great app. The review by the teacher made me investigate. I went to customization. I edited the I app. There our capitalization options or you can manually type it as uppercase. I set it to as written because I wanted the rest to appear in lowercase under most circumstances. Very happy with this app. Also you have to understand the in settings you can create your own lists then if you only want your lists to run you have to turn off the other lists. It will run more than one list at a time. I find this sight word app as the best I have found as far as customization and parent control. I love that I can turn words off without deleting them. Most of the bad reviews are operator malfunctions. Sorry to say! This is a great aid in our homeschooling environment. Would be great in schools and for parents assisting in their child's education. Thanks for creating an app that meets the consumer's needs.
Constant over-the-top praise is annoying
I like the app except for the constant overboard praise after each word is successfully chosen. I'm using it for a student of mine who has Autism. He chose two incorrect answers before he got the correct one. The voice response was a bubbly, "You're GREAT!" He thinks so literally, and asked, "Am I great for getting the answer wrong twice?". A subtle signal like a bell, or whistle would be much less distracting, and more realistic. Cheering, compliments, etc. would be more appropriate at the end of the list, but ONLY if a minimum of 70% of the words are correctly chosen the first time. Please stop building up a false sense of accomplishment with this app. Kids need to know when they're wrong and need to re-think their choices. They will not break, they will learn! I'll re-visit it in a few weeks and see if anything has changed. Until it does, other apps will get my attention for sight word practice.
Great app for ASD kids
This is an awesome sight words app for my kindie. One of my fav things about it is that it randomized the words. My son like to memorize lists and lists of words in order are too easy for him--plus he's not really learning the individual words, but the lists. With this app it forces him to remember random words which is awesome. I would gladly pay for this app if the would add a master word list (I'm having to pull words from both preschool and kindie lists which is a hassle) and if they would allow custom word creation that also creates a visual of that word. For instance, my don has 'dog' as a sight word. That word isn't on any lists on this app. I had to take a picture of my computer monitor showing 'dog' to make it look like the other words. Other than that, awesome job guys!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 11, 2012
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Investments Limited
- © Grasshopper Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.