Sight Words Learning Games & Flash Cards for Reading and Spelling Success.
By CFC s.r.o.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** WONDERFULLY EDUCATIONAL READING PROGRAM FOR BEGINNING READERS (AGES 2-7).
***** Developed in cooperation with educational specialists by an award-winning educational studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills and reading program Phonics: Fun on Farm, to best prepare your children for success in kindergarten and school curriculum.
* Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (with extra 94 NOUNS!)*
* Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Categories *
*...in 6 engaging EDUCATIONAL GAMES! *
* "Action Sight Words is an extra-fun "Extra-terrestrial" way to help children learn challenging sight words."
* "As a mother of a 1st Grader and a Pre-Schooler, I was quite impressed with this app."
* "an awesome level of interactivity"
* "hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids"
* "A colorful and quirky mechanical, industrial theme that children will definitely like. A great tool for teaching and allowing your children learn all about sight words"
"Provides ample opportunities to learn all 220 Dolch words through a series of six games and activities. The interface is simple and easy to navigate and overall the look is appealing."
Jill Goodman, smartappsforkids.com
Abby Sight Words with Wordaliens is a new EDUCATIONAL READING APPLICATION by 22learn. The app is designed to help children learn and practice reading the most common sight words.
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and written letters, and therefore have to be learned “by sight. ”
Being able to quickly recognize sight words is a crucial part of learning how to read. Sight words mastery is a necessary step towards an enormous reading improvement.
Sight Words offers children an easy-to-use interface and a grand choice of six fun educational games through which children can acquire mastery over this subject matter.
The 6 GAMES included are:
1. WORD MACHINE
Control the Word Machine. Supply all the words that need to be produced by tapping on the words called.
Your dog is hungry! Make cans to feed him! To make a can, drag the letter cards to their correct place and make a word you have just heard pronounced.
Make a Bingo to get a ticket for Aliens back home! Tap on the word corresponding to the one that you heard pronounced. Once you have matched cards from one side of the board to the next... Bingo! Aliens are back home!
4. MEMORY GAME
Match the sounds to correct word forms! To do so, tap on one of the speakers, hear the word, and then select one of the cards below with a correct word. Do it for all words!
Tap on one of the speakers on the screen, hear the word pronounced, and place the word across the speaker. Repeat for all words to see wonderful gears animation.
6. FLASH CARDS
Practice in the Flash Card mode. List through the words and top on the cards to hear the words pronounced again and again!
Additional Features Include:
- Selection of individual words to be practiced within each category
- Avatar selection
- Choice of capitalized words and upper-case or lower-case letters
- Access to best scores
Get this app now and enjoy the progress your children are going to make in their reading skills.
22learn, your trusted educational apps developer
What's New in Version 2.0.9
• Based on input from school teachers and our customers, we added the possibility of choosing either capitalized, uppercase, or lowercase letters. The lettercase can now be selected directly from the main menu.
• The games are clarified with spoken instructions now and both male and female voice overs are present.
• Further, we modified word categories, so that, for example, preschool category does not include words longer than 3 letters and you can choose which words you want your child to learn in the Settings.
• Also, we improved Flashcards (sound is not played automatically) and Word Machine game (feedback after a wrong answer).
Great educational app to encourage reading skills!
I just had to come back and say that I really like the update!
Here is my original review:
I decided to try this game because my kids were forgetting how to pronounce their sight words. In their school, they are at a level of having so many words and flash cards. Their teacher teaches them in the way I used to learn in back in the 70’s. The method is more by route and not entertaining. Now we are in the times of the baby learning channels, abcmouse, etc. Many of these learning tools can be very expensive and hard to navigate. This program is very creative. My kids can easily follow the directions. My kids enjoy how both female and male voices sound during the games. My daughter mimics the female voice and my son responds by impersonating the male voice. It’s funny. It is also a fun way to improve speaking and pronunciation skills.
Great and Easy For Kids to Use
This is an awesome educational app that any kid will be able to use easily. The instructions are read in a clear voice and the kids are on a level that kids will be able to comprehend. The variety of learning games is also vast, highly recommended.
Good Learning App
This App is great for younger children! There are 6 different interactive games that can be altered according your child's grade in school. The levels start at pre-k and go up by grade level. The free version only allows you to play 2 games in the pre-k level.
I did the think the material was a little to advanced for preschoolers because My 4 year old daughter had trouble with it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 23, 2016
- Version: 2.0.9
- Size: 47.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CFC s.r.o.
- © CFC s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Games Unlocked$2.99