Sight Words Ninja - The Endless Slicing Game to Learn to Read
By Innovative Investments Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A great way to give parents a break and let your kid have fun and learn to read at the same time." - Jen, Kindergarten teacher and mom of three.
I have a confession to make. My son's favorite game was Fruit Ninja and I was getting increasingly frustrated with having my son waste a lot of time on a fun but mindless game while he was still struggling to master his sight words and learning to read.
So I decided to create our very own Sight Words slicing game and to my and my son's delight, he now has a new favorite game where he is having fun and learning at the same time.
My sons skills in recognizing Sight Words have dramatically improved since he started playing this game and now I no longer have to feel guilty when I need a five minute break to take care of the laundry or prepare lunch for the kids. I know that they are having fun and that they are learning at the same time.
Warning: Your child will keep begging for your iPhone or iPad after they try this app.
Sight Words Ninja is an exciting educational game that helps kids rapidly learn sight words by sight, sound, and touch.
The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app.
• Slice your way through all sights words from preschool to grade 3
• You decide what to focus on - turn individual categories ON or OFF from the settings page
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun game play, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Dynamic game play adjusts difficulty (the number of sight words) automatically based on player skills to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
• Supports 3 difficulty settings: EASY, MEDIUM, or HARD
- Max 1 sight word
- Sight words move very slowly
- Great for introducing sight words one at a time
- Starts with 1 sight word
- Max of 3 sight words on screen
- Sight words move 30% faster
- Starts with 2 sight words
- Max of 5 sight words on screen
- Sight words move even faster
- Sight words rotate faster too
Adjust difficulty from settings page.
• Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and slice the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by interrupting the gameplay and slowly repeating the desired question)
• Play Sight Words from A to Z or in random order (adjustable from settings page)
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and touch
• Want to work on just a few Sight Words? No problem… head to the settings page to turn entire categories or individual Sight Words on and off
• Want to record your own audios? No problem. Just click on the category and record your own Sight Words sounds
• Supports three levels of difficulty
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.1
- Fixed recording bug that was preventing some users from recording their own voice
Awesome App for those little learners
This app is perfect. So simple and fun with all the benefits of learning. Genius idea to take the concept of fruit ninja and replace the fruit with customizable sight words for your little learners to slice and dice based on there learning stage. So refreshing to see a developer out there who cares about children's education. Looking forward to more apps from you guys. And maybe one idea is adding your own words. And maybe more stages of difficulty in between. It can be hard for some kids when the words overlap and they slice the wrong words but the easy stage is just too "easy" and I feel they get too caught up in the act of slicing without sounding out the word or paying attention. Also another thing is maybe you can reinforce some kind of visual effects when they slice the right word and when they slice the wrong ones because when they slice two words at once they might be confused at where they are messing up. Just a few small gripes but overall fantastic app! Thanks a ton guys.
Awesome awesome game!!
I have a 6 year old kindergartener and he's behind learning his sight words. I try to teach him, the teachers try as well but he doesn't seem to grasp what we're trying to show him. This game is awesome! Within 10 minutes he's learned 20 sight words! At this rate he should be able to catch up with his classmates. To the developers of the game, please make it more challenging, if possible add it where the child has to read the sight word themselves. It will enforce what they learned! I just wish other app and game developers would take your lead! Thank you for making learning fun!! 💕 Next game make it about zombies lol that's what my son asked for lol 😂
Not a smooth execution
The concept is interesting, execution leaves a bit to be desired. My child just liked slicing all the words, which sort of defeats the purpose of the game. There isn't a decent deterrent to help a child NOT slice the wrong words too, other that the word darkens up and you get a "pop" sound, not an affirmative tone. Also, when slicing the "right" word, you can also accidentally slice a wrong word that's either in front of in back of the word you want, leading to misleading statistics.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 52.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Innovative Investments Limited
- © GrasshopperApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.