Turn your iPhone into an amazingly powerful signal generator and produce perfect sine, cosine, square, triangle or sawtooth waves. You can even generate white and pink noise with this versatile App.
This “must have” tool is perfect for any audio-related testing or calibration:
- Test your headphones or speakers
- Set up and calibrate your surround system
- Tune an instrument
- Test your hearing: What frequencies can you hear? (And not hear?)
- Or simply generate annoying noise to drive someone completely nuts ;-)
- Sine, cosine, square, triangle or sawtooth waves
- Pink or white noise
- Direct frequency input or dial wheel (sweep)
- Frequency range between 20 and 20000 Hz
- Current waveform is shown on your screen
- No samples - all signals are generated in real time
- Channel switch (left, right or both)
- It’s high-tech, multi-frequency fun at its best!
Bug fixes and various tweaks.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for those getting started in DIY Audio
I'm just getting my feet wet building my own speaker enclosures. This program works very well as a testing tool. I was up and running in seconds. The interface is very well made. The program works great. I went and installed all three apps that I thought would meet my requirements. This app wins by land slide. I'm still trying to understand how to use the (R) button properly... I'm sure ill get it figured out soon enough.
Frequency scrubbing no longer distorts. THANK YOU for fixing it. It makes such a big difference. Now I can use this to test audio setups at gigs, during prep or to train my ears.
I hope you guys keep improving the app. The jog wheel could use refinement and so could the arrow buttons and numerical input section. Another great addition would be multi-tasking. Please keep up the good work and thank you guys.
Almost the Perfect Diagnostic Tool!! Jersey Jules
Update this potentially great Freq. Generator to accommodate the "FULL Frequency SPECTRUM". I was so pleased when I first started using the app until I started turning the potentiometer up a few kilocycles and realized it was missing huge chunks of frequency range! Where's the other half of the spectrum?
Find your pride and make this (already on the way) tool, complete & the best that it can be, and I'll do my part! * * * * *
- CATEATER, LLC
- 12.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CATEATER LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.