Signal - Private Messenger
By Open Whisper Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 2.14.1
• Fixed crashing issue for our iOS8 users
• Updated translations
Other recent changes:
• Fixed & added full support for bluetooth calling -- listen on your AirPods or in your car! Now you can keep your eyes on the road while you Signal call and drive.
• Improved Signal voice and video calls to connect faster.
• Addressed video call start up lags.
• Added notification sounds for missed calls because of a safety number change.
• Changed to prevent screen from timing out while playing audio/voice note.
• Fixed copy/paste of voice notes.
• Fixed reply by notification to respect conversation settings.
• Updated contact sorting to reflect user preference.
• Updated Archive view UI/UX to be more obvious.
• Added an in-app notice for updating to a new Signal version.
Great messaging app!
Easy to use, and the phone call quality is great.
Great app that continually gets updates!
Great App, just switched from Android and it's just as good over here.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 21, 2017
- Version: 2.14.1
- Size: 56.3 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: RIDDLE QUIET VENTURES, LLC
- © Open Whisper Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.