Signal - Private Messenger
By Open Whisper Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear phone calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 2.9.0
• Added progress indicator for attachment sending
• Updated message delivery to show Sending/Sent/Delivered
• Improved reliability in message sending
• Improved message ordering when sending on choppy internet connection
• Re-introduced swipe back to return to inbox
• Fixed changes to preferences not always saving
• Updated missed call notifications to be consistent with “No name or message” setting
• Improved calling for cases of showing old call screen, occasional “Call Failed” after ending call, and UI briefly becoming unresponsive after ending call
• Fixed group header updates to show immediately
• Corrected resizing of group chat avatars
• Updated Safety Number verification screen layout
• Optimized options for copying and sharing debug logs
• Fixed intermittent crash after displaying microphone permission
• Updated translations
• Added more UIUX changes for registration and initiating conversations with unsaved numbers
- Sending PDF, Word.. files
- Sending location
- Sharing live (moving position) location
- Prevent screenshot of my messages on receiver's phone
- Modify sent message
- Retract sent message
- Read, Writing.. notifications
- Groups created in one phone doesn't work on an other phone.
Private messaging done right
One of the few apps that the EFF gives a perfect score to. Gets it done the right way, with the following features: encrypted in transit, provider can't read it, verify contact identity, past messages secure if current keys compromised, coffee open to independent review, security design properly documented, recent audit performed.
You can't ask for much more, especially for free.
Works as expected
Simple to use.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 2.9.0
- Size: 55.5 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: RIDDLE QUIET VENTURES, LLC
- © Open Whisper Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.