Signal - Private Messenger
By Open Whisper Systems
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 2.18.2
• *NEW FEATURE* Added a GIF picker, utilizing our anonymous proxy. Tap the attachment icon, select GIF to get started.
• Updated the message compose screen to organize contacts by letter and to include groups in search results.
• You can now pull to refresh your inbox. Normally this isn't necessary, but this can be helpful if you are using censorship circumvention and unable to receive push notifications.
• Fixed issue where some iOS11 users who had disabled notifications were unable to receive messages.
• Enhanced video calls to be smoother and use less battery.
• Fixed issue where the detailed message "Info" screen would crop long messages.
• Fixed illegible SMS-invite navigation bar buttons.
Best Privacy App Yet
This is simply the best privacy app with everything neatly bundled into it. It has a nice authentication feature, sms & mms messaging & disappearing messages with people [to keep them clean if you’d like], calls, and keeps it all private, app switch privacy [keeping the screen blank for privacy while switching apps so wandering eyes cannot see the screen], and many more features packed into this powerhouse. To anyone experiencing any issues with calls, make sure your notifications are on and properly set with the app, and look into the settings in the app itself and it easily shows how to have your calls show up with the name [if you would like to] or just a call without a name. The settings are a breeze and make it very easy to understand.
Very rarely you’ll have to re-register for push notifications, but that’s also very easily accomplished.
If I could rate higher than 5 stars I would. 10 stars out of 5 stars is more like it...
Really solid. Be secure, easily
Industry standard encryption in an easy package.
There is no excuse to use crappy, insecure messaging clients that just scrub your messages to sell to advertisers, steal location data, or simply expose your private chats to others partyies—not when Signal is so easy.
I’m glad they added in the message destruction functionality. That really makes for a more casual chat.
Great app BUT need option to choose alert sound
My very quiet dog only barks if someone rings the doorbell or if I get a message on Signal because my partner made the mistake of forgetting his keys & sending a message for me to buzz him in. It only took twice for Freddy to learn that sound means ‘papa’ is home. Please, I need more notification sounds, please.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: 2.18.2
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: RIDDLE QUIET VENTURES, LLC
- © Open Whisper Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.