Por Adrian Granados-Murillo
Abre Mac App Store para comprar y descargar apps.
Monitor and troubleshoot the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
• Simple, straightforward user interface
• Fully customizable status icon display options
• Dark mode support
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion
• Real-time graphs for signal strength and noise level, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), transmit rate, or MCS index (if supported)
• Signal quality ratings based on SNR measurements
• Automatic channel recommendations*
• Notifications and event logging for common events, such as when the computer joins to or disconnects from a network, roams to a different access point, or when data rate or channel configuration changes are detected
• Comprehensive app's help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
Novedades de la versión 4.0.2
• Fixes memory management issues.
If you find WiFi Signal useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Capturas de pantalla
Reseñas de usuarios
Works well, easy to use, worth the small price.
Now, when my wife complains that her I-PAD is running a bit slower than usual, I can easily (and quickly) scan our Wi-Fi network to look at signal strength on our various frequencies (channels). It is a valuable analysis tool, with a “small price to pay”. Anything that is R.F. (Radio Frequency) is not immune from interference, no matter the security and encryption … and signal strength can and will vary, based on outside interference. It maybe somthing as simple as a new neighbor that is set to the your frequency … or even moving furniture between you and your router (like a steel table) that may effect your signal strength. This program sure beats trying to guess and “shotgunning” to try and find a solution. And guess what? Knowledge is a good thing, and this will help save time and possibly money by providing a potential alternative solution!
Nice little app
i use several apps to keep my home LAN up and running (despite the viscissitudes of Comcast Cable). This one tells me the signal strength at the location of the MacBook on which the app is installed, which neither of the other two apps I use (Fing and Speedtest) can do. I guess someone someday will write the ultimate complete app for LAN maintenance, and possibly it already exists for commercial use ($$$). In the meantime, these three work for me. Interestingly, I have discovered that the WD “My Passport for Mac” that I use for backup generates a <lot> of RF noise, as indicated on WiFi Signal. If you use external backup drives and are having trouble with LAN issues, you may wish to run this app to see how much RF noise the external hard drive is making. I now backup episodically and leave the WD drive disconnected most of the time.
Great for quick tuning or as menu item replacement
Great highly customizable UI, exactly what I wanted for a more advanced wifi menu. Well-maintained, too.
- Categoría: Utilidades
- Actualizado : 06/07/2016
- Versión: 4.0.2
- Tamaño: 1.7 MB
- Idiomas: Español, Inglés
- Vendedor: Adrian Granados-Murillo
- © 2012-2016 Adrian Granados
Compatibilidad: Mac OS X 10.8 o posterior, 64-bit processor