SignalScope Pro 2018 offers a professional tool set to meet your measurement and analysis needs as an engineer, consultant, educator, student, researcher, or savvy hobbyist in areas such as acoustics (sound and vibration), audio, electronics, and electroacoustics.
- Analyze signals coming from the iOS device’s current audio input device or from the built-in accelerometer.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer 333D01 and PCB 633A01 USB digital accelerometers and miniDSP UMIK-1 measurement microphone
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iPhone and iPad built-in microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter included with recent iPhone models)
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, tab-delimited ASCII text, or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device. Files may also be opened in other compatible apps (e.g. Mail, Notes, Numbers, Dropbox, etc).
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions.
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves on your iPhone or iPad.
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files.
- Stereo Signal Generator
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Dual FFT analysis with support for Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, manual or automatic adjustment of Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add up to 2 subtools on iPhone, 6 subtools on iPad Pro with 10.5-inch or larger display, 4 subtools on other iPad models, and save an arbitrary number of different configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data.
Additional Pro Features:
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
Learn more about SignalScope Pro 2018 at FaberAcoustical.com.
SignalScope Pro 2018 will receive major upgrades, consistent with those available in the SignalScope X Pro Tool Set subscription, through calendar year 2019, after which it will receive maintenance updates for a limited time. It can be used indefinitely thereafter on a compatible version of iOS.
- Bar graphs and surface plots now offer perceptually sequential color maps for enhanced visual inspection of data. Several color maps are available for selection from the main options menu.
- The FFT Analyzer tool now supports A and C frequency weighting (in addition to Flat/none).
- The FFT Analyzer and Spectrogram tools now export linear (non-dB) magnitude values when the data is displayed on a linear or logarithmic (non-dB) scale.
- Support added for the new PCB 633A01 USB digital accelerometer.
- The Spectrogram now offers a display menu, in addition to its options menu, in order to declutter the menus and make display options easier to access.
- When loaded from a data file into the FFT Analyzer, vibration data can now be converted and displayed as acceleration, velocity, or displacement, regardless of which type of vibration data was stored in the file.
- Velocity and displacement data is exported from the FFT Analyzer with the correct unit label.
- Exporting audio to a new file in the player tool no longer causes a crash when the player is embedded in the MultiTool.
- Cosmetic improvements and minor bug fixes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.