By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SignalScope Pro for iOS devices is a real-time analysis toolset, suitable for use in areas such as acoustics, audio, electronics, and vibration. SignalScope Pro includes 4 tools for dynamic signal analysis, as well as a signal generator for producing test signals. See http://youtube.com/faberast for video demos.
SignalScope Pro also turns your iOS device into a platform for data acquisition, storing acquired data in CSV or TXT files, MAT-files, or PDF or JPEG images for later retrieval from your device.
Input signals can be acquired from the current audio input path (iOS automatically selects the audio input path according to which external audio devices, if any, are connected to your device), or from the built-in accelerometer. Different engineering units, including Volts, Amps, pascals, g's, and ips (inches per second) can be assigned to input channels of the dock connector audio input or the headset input. Sensitivity calibration can also be performed for any audio input device or input channel.
“Touch” your data with highly interactive, multi-touch enabled analyzer displays.
For iOS device audio I/O compatibility and frequency response measurements, visit http://blog.FaberAcoustical.com.
Analyze signals coming from the iOS device’s current audio input device or from the built-in accelerometer.
View real time analyzer displays on an external screen (supported on iPad only).
- Audio input is typically sampled at 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz (higher and lower sample rates are possible, even up to 192 kHz, with hardware that supports it). Built-in accelerometer data is sampled at roughly 100 Hz.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Save acquired time or frequency data to CSV, tab-delimited ASCII text, or MAT files.
- Retrieve your data files from your device via iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on your Mac or PC.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files or to the iOS device's built-in photo album.
- Pinpoint individual sample values or frequencies with a cursor.
- Zoom in or out on spectrum and waveform displays with two-finger expand/pinch gestures, even while the analyzer is running (FFT analyzer and oscilloscope).
- Pan vertically or horizontally in zoomed displays with two-finger scrolling (FFT analyzer and oscilloscope).
- FFT Analyzer
-- Frequency resolutions between 0.5 Hz and 50 Hz may be specified for audio input (between 0.1 Hz and 10 Hz for the built-in accelerometer)
-- Input data can be windowed with one of 7 different data window types
-- Lin, log, and dB magnitude scales
-- Lin and log frequency scales
- Octave-band Analyzer
-- Whole and 1/3-octave RTA (based on digital Butterworth bandpass filters)
-- Fast, Slow, and Impulse response times
-- Flat, A, and C frequency weighting
-- Equivalent and time-weighted exponential average levels
-- Max, peak, and elapsed time also captured
-- Time scales from 0.1 to 500 ms per division
-- Auto, normal, and single-shot triggering
-- Trigger slope and threshold options
- Stereo Signal Generator
-- Random and periodic pseudorandom noise (period defined by FFT length)
-- White and pink noise weighting
-- Lin and log frequency sweeps
-- Tone generator
What's New in Version 3.1
- The Meter and Octave Analyzer tools can be set to automatically stop after an arbitrary amount of elapsed time from 1 second to two weeks.
- The Meter tool now supports data export to CSV, TXT, and MAT files.
- An issue with incorrect sample rate reporting has been corrected.
- An issue with transient input signal spikes when starting the analyzer have been corrected.
- The Speaker Output preference is handled properly with changes in the audio input path.
- The Meter bars can display values greater than 120 dB.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 18, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Faber Acoustical, LLC
- © 2014 Faber Acoustical, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.