SignalScope X offers professional, advanced, and basic tool sets for use in areas such as acoustics, audio, electronics, and vibration.
SignalScope X includes a free oscilloscope and subscription-based tool sets to meet your more serious needs.
SignalScope X’s Pro Tool Set subscription includes all the functionality previously present in SignalScope Pro, SoundMeter Pro, IOScope, and RoomScope, and adds 3 powerful new tools.
- Analyze signals coming from the iOS device’s current audio input device or built-in accelerometer.
- Assign input channel units and sensitivities for individual USB Audio devices.
- Direct support for Digiducer, Studio Six Digital, and select miniDSP hardware devices.
- Nominal acoustic sensitivities included for iOS device microphones, voltage sensitivities for headset input (including the Lightning-to-headset adapter)
- Manually switch between available audio input and output sources.
- Load microphone frequency response data (FRD) and apply frequency response correction (FRC) to FFT-based measurements.
- Manually adjust audio sample rates, even up to 192 kHz, depending on input hardware.
- Assign engineering units to your input signals and calibrate external transducers for accurate measurements.
- Save acquired measurement data to CSV, TXT (tab-delimited), or MAT files.
- Save high-resolution analyzer display images to PDF files.
- Retrieve your data files via Files (iCloud Drive), iTunes File Sharing, or through a web browser on another device.
- Oscilloscope - Basic oscilloscope and triggering functions.
- FFT Analyzer - Spectrum analyzer with user-settable frequency limits and basic triggering
- 2D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer
- XY Plotter - Create Lissajous curves on your iOS device.
Advanced Tools: (Advanced Tool Set also includes basic tools)
- 3D Real-time Spectrogram Analyzer - Stunning live visualization of incoming data
- Octave-band Analyzer - Whole and 1/3-octave RTA
- Level Meter - Overall signal level meter
- Noise Dosimeter
- Data Recorder - Stream up to 8 channels to WAV, AIF, or CAF audio files.
- Stereo Signal Generator
Pro Tools: (Pro Tool Set subscription includes basic and advanced tools)
- Dual-channel System Analyzer (Frequency Response Magnitude/Phase, Phase Delay, Group Delay, Coherence, Impulse Response and Cross-Correlation)
- Room Acoustics Analyzer (T20, T30, T60, nonlinearity, EDT, Early Decay Time, Center Time, Clarity, and Definition in various frequency bands, adjustable Schroeder integration limits)
- MultiTool - Powerful data monitoring and project management (Add up to 2 subtools on iPhone, 6 subtools on iPad Pro with 10.5-inch or larger display, 4 subtools on other iPad models, and save an arbitrary number of different configurations for easy recall at a later time.)
- Multi-channel Audio File Player - Analyze pre-recorded data.
Additional Pro Features:
- Data logging support in the Level Meter, Octave Analyzer, and Noise Dosimeter
- Percentile exceeded sound levels in the Level Meter and Octave Analyzer
- NC, RNC, and NR references curves, NC, SIL, and NR values in the Octave Analyzer
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the end of the free trial period, unless you have turned off automatic renewal. If the free trial has already expired, payment will be charged at confirmation of subscription purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period for the same price as the current period.
- You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
- In the FFT Analyzer Tool, “rms” or “pk” labels are shown after the units in the vertical axis label and/or the cursor data display, as appropriate. The vibration units are correctly shown in the vertical axis label for vibration data loaded from a file, when the integration level is changed (i.e. the acceleration, velocity, or displacement selection is different from the data stored in the file).
- Overall rms level is properly computed for FFT Analyzer vibration data loaded from a file, regardless of whether spectral smoothing is enabled or whether units of acceleration, velocity, or displacement are selected.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great audio analysis tools
SignalScope X audio analysis tools offer quite a lot of signal information in exchange for the monthly subscription rate.
With the newest release, Faber Acoustical gives the user even more bang for their buck with the addition of new sound analysis tools such as “RoomScope,” and enhanced file handling capabilities which can be used even without a subscription.
The variety of subscription plans and rates provide pro audio analysis solutions that accommodate any budget.
While this is a great 5-star app, it's way to pricey for me. For less than the cost of a yearly subscription to the advanced tools, I bought a handheld rechargeable digital color oscilloscope that does FFTs, measures voltages, and supports 2 channels simultaneously. Much more versatile without the need for my phone. It may not have all the features this app has, but you gotta draw the line on over-priced software. Maybe if I owned a high-end recording facility...
I've found so many uses for the hand-held scope. And I get free upgrades for life as new features come out. Oh, yeah, it also self-calibrates.
When software is more expensive than a stand-alone device, somethings wrong.
Developer Response ,
We're pleased to hear that you think SignalScope X "is a great 5-star app." We would certainly appreciate your 5-star rating.
Would you be willing to share with us the make and model of the handheld scope you mentioned? Does it offer any functionality that is germane to SignalScope X's Advanced Tool Set or is it more comparable to the Basic Tool Set, which is considerably less expensive?
I’m on board with everyone else. While the app is very full featured, I can’t justify the continuing costs, and rather expensive costs at that. I can go with a one time cost of the very good Studio Six apps for the same cost. And now I just read that the existing Faber apps won’t work next month when iOS 12 is released. Very disappointing. I understand that subscriptions are an attractive model to go after, but you have to evaluate your client base and understand what their pressure points are when it comes to recurring costs. Very disappointed.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the cost of SignalScope X. If you feel that the software has value, as you indicated, we would appreciate a star rating that reflects the quality of the app. Certainly, it is not so expensive as to merit a 1-star rating.
Regarding iOS 12, we have been testing our legacy apps on iOS 12 beta releases and have not yet found any compatibility issues, so the idea that they will suddenly stop working when iOS 12 is released is simply untrue. Where did you read that?
- Faber Acoustical, LLC
- 34.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Faber Acoustical, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Tool Set, 1 Month $1.99
- Pro Tool Set, 1 Month $19.99
- Advanced Tool Set, 1 Month $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.