By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SignalScope 3 builds on SignalScope's tradition of award-winning design and precision measurement capabilities by building on advanced technology developed for Faber Acoustical's flagship product, Electroacoustics Toolbox.
SignalScope is a modularized, multi-channel dynamic signal analyzer and data acquisition platform for Mac. It brings powerful tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
- FFT Analyzer
- X/Y Plotter
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD, THD+N)
- Crest factor and rms, peak, and peak-to-peak signal levels
- Signal mean, variance, and standard deviation values
- And more!
SignalScope is a project-based application, which allows you to configure and save project files. Projects may contain one or more tools available in the toolbox, along with any captured data associated with those tools. SignalScope allows for the creation of up to two tools of a each type. For example, a project may contain an oscilloscope, two FFT analyzers, and two spectrograms. The oscilloscope and FFT analyzers may each simultaneously analyze multiple input channels of a single device. SignalScope also offers advanced capabilities for configuring input device parameters and assigning labels, units, and transducer sensitivities to individual input channels.
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-time plotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input devices
- Whole device and individual channel sensitivity (level) calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text or MAT-files for easy import into other applications
- AppleScript support for measurement automation and remote control
What's New in Version 3.8
- SignalScope directly supports the miniDSP UMIK-1 and Dayton UMM-6 USB measurement microphones. Sensitivity calibration data for these mics can be downloaded automatically, just by entering the mic’s serial number. Making calibrated sound level measurements is as easy as plugging in the UMIK-1 or UMM-6, typing in its serial number, and getting started with the analysis tool of your choice (the serial number only needs to be entered once, after which the app will remember the microphone sensitivity). An internet connection is required to download sensitivity information for the microphone.
- SignalScope directly supports the Digiducer 333D01 USB digital accelerometer, and can automatically load serial number and sensitivity calibration information directly from the device. Making calibrated acceleration measurements is as easy as plugging in the 333D01 and getting started with the analysis tool of your choice.
- Minor bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.