By Faber Acoustical, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SignalScope 3 builds on SignalScope's tradition of award-winning design and precision measurement capabilities by building on advanced technology developed for Faber Acoustical's flagship product, Electroacoustics Toolbox.
SignalScope is a modularized, multi-channel dynamic signal analyzer and data acquisition platform for Mac. It brings powerful tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
- FFT Analyzer
- X/Y Plotter
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD, THD+N)
- Crest factor and rms, peak, and peak-to-peak signal levels
- Signal mean, variance, and standard deviation values
- And more!
SignalScope is a project-based application, which allows you to configure and save project files. Projects may contain one or more tools available in the toolbox, along with any captured data associated with those tools. SignalScope allows for the creation of up to two tools of a each type. For example, a project may contain an oscilloscope, two FFT analyzers, and two spectrograms. The oscilloscope and FFT analyzers may each simultaneously analyze multiple input channels of a single device. SignalScope also offers advanced capabilities for configuring input device parameters and assigning labels, units, and transducer sensitivities to individual input channels.
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-time plotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input devices
- Whole device and individual channel sensitivity (level) calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text or MAT-files for easy import into other applications
- AppleScript support for measurement automation and remote control
What's New in Version 3.8.5
- The user preference to automatically start a device, when starting a tool that relies on that device, will now be honored by AppleScript commands.
- Capture, export, and grab AppleScript commands have been fixed.