By ITV Broadcasting Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best-selling children’s stories performed in AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE or BRITISH SIGN LANGUAGE, with FREE book, vocabulary builder and fun learning games.
- Awesome high-definition books from as little as 99¢/79p - preview before you buy
- Stories selected to support Common Core State Standards and National Curriculum
- Develop language skills with the video vocabulary builder
- Optional captions/subtitles can be customized for children with dyslexia and special needs
- Accessible for all children with narration, music and sound effects
READ – SIGN – WATCH – LISTEN – PLAY – LEARN
- New books every month from top publishers
- Enhance learning playing two interactive language games with every book
- Get the best out of stories with useful tips for parents, carers and teachers
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING...
“Signed Stories is an outstanding addition to any child's library. These highly versatile apps give your child the opportunity to experience a story like no other...your child is given the chance to be exposed to literacy on its highest level.” Educational Resource Specialist, USA
"The students I work with ask me all the time 'when is a new book coming?' It has enriched their love for reading in a way that is beautiful to behold." ASL Interpreter, USA
“I am über thrilled at the ASL stories now available for purchase. I downloaded every single ASL story this morning. I am not typically an app buyer...very happy to see this resource come available. I'll be ready & waiting for your next releases.” Mother of deaf children, USA
Follow us on Twitter (@SignedStories), Facebook (facebook.com/ITVSignedStories) YouTube (youtube.com/ITVSignedStories) and Instagram @itv_signedstories
What's New in Version 2.0.3
* Improved performance of store
* Option to receive messages from Signed Stories about new books and special offers
This is my first review. Ever. Where should I start? How about with the signers themselves? As a parent I'm thrilled to see my deaf child watch these stories again and again, laughing and fully enjoying the experience. A good storyteller can keep a kid engaged for a few minutes; a GREAT storyteller can keep the kid riveted from beginning to end and make him/her want to experience it all over again when it's over. Peter Cook and Keith Wann engage my child on this level because they are masters of ASL, imho. From expressions (and all NMS) to their awesome use of depiction, I feel the same way one would if their child was learning to surf from Kelly Slater. Or taking piano lessons from Mozart (must I mention painting with Van Gogh or golfing with Tiger?!) Yes as a parent I'm thrilled.
As an ASL student (hang on while I wipe the happy drool off my chin) I feel almost like I'm cheating, to be able to sit at the feet of these amazing signers! On more than one occasion my deaf child has had to pry the iPad from my hands so I can go make dinner. We watch a story before bed every night (me suggesting we watch another while deaf child rolls half-closed eyes), we are all learning and growing ... in short, the whole family is hooked and just today an argument broke out between two of my kids over who gets the iPad next (just bought two new bundles so we're all a little manic).
Now let's talk about production. Someone took a lot of time and care on the graphics, layout, quality, etc. The images are so clear that I feel like I can reach out and hand these guys my Sharpie for an autograph!! Love it.
A huge thank you to everyone involved with Signed Stories (more happy drool); my only "criticism" is that there's not more! Keep it coming!
After I bought books app is not opening or crashing
I have two deaf boys and they love this app! I am an interpreter and wife of a deaf man and these stories are signed very well. The ASL translations are clear and conceptually accurate and I'm glad to having a signing app for kids other than just teaching signs, accessible and entertaining for deaf kids!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 03, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ITV Broadcasting Limited
- © ITV SignPost
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Five Little Speckled Frogs ASL$0.99
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ASL$0.99
- Three Little Pigs ASL$5.99
- Hansel and Gretel ASL$5.99
- Stone Soup ASL$5.99
- Jingle Bells ASL$0.99
- All about Thanksgiving in the USA ASL$0.99
- Jack and the Beanstalk ASL$2.99
- The Frog Prince ASL$2.99
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears ASL$4.99