By Silent Circle, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Silent Phone provides encrypted voice, video, and messaging brought to you by the world leaders in privacy, Silent Circle. Calls and messages between Silent Phone members are encrypted end-to-end protecting your business from criminals and competitors alike.
- True Privacy. Trusted by businesses and governments around the world.
- Simple “zero–touch” deployment across your organization
- Remote or in-house training available
- Secure conference calling with HD call clarity
- Burn functionality protects messaging with auto self-destruct
- Voice memos offer a modern replacement for traditional, unprotected voicemail
- Securely send pdf, docx, mov, mp4, png and jpg files.
- Silent World allows communication with non-members
What's New in Version 6.1
- When local address book avatar exists for contact, use it preferentially
- Fix handling of video calls when one party has denied camera permissions
- Fix intermittent errors in badge count of unread events
- Fix intermittent crash while searching for new users
- Improve detection of users within the same organization for search UI
- Show placeholder before actual avatar loads fully
- Fix burning of messages when sender is offline
- Remove local user from search results
- Improve messaging reliability during keying events
- Fix handling of errors for groups that don't exist locally
- Prevent sending too-large messages containing large Unicode characters
- Correctly handle errors after trying to send too large a message
- Allow panning, scaling, circular cropping images when selecting or capturing avatar
- Improve reliability of message failure reporting
- Improve reliability of display of caller ID information
- Fix intermittent failure when setting avatar
- Improve performance of avatar handling
- Add special UI support for MP3 attachments
- Show activity spinner while downloading received audio attachment
- Fix UI issue after pausing and resuming audio attachment playback
- Fix inability to open notification while on call on certain screen sizes
- Fix last message shown in conversations list when burning messages
- Fix positioning of navigation bar on iOS 11
- Fix size of button to add group member on iOS 11
- Fix visibility of menu buttons when viewing attachment on iOS 11
- Fix flash of "unsupported" error when opening attachment on iOS 11
- When creating new contact, avoid populating first name field with phone number
- Fix position of image attachment thumbnails on iOS 11
- Add feature to mute individual call legs in conference manager
- Add global mute feature in conference manager
- Detect bad network quality while on call and display warning
- Add dropout tone visual indicator
- Disable audible dropout tone when not receiving media packets
- Add debug logging to help when reporting issues
- Fix intermittent issue when a member device removes itself from a group
- Add tutorial screens to quickly onboard first-time users
- Prevent changes to device clock from circumventing passcode lockout time
- Fix issue allowing expired users to retain partial service
- Add support for do not disturb (DND) mode
- Synchronize burn time granularity across platforms
- Improve wording on empty PSTN conversation background
- Fix crash on startup leading to missed calls
- Fix rotation of contact photos when sharing
- Fix failing requests after device deletion leading to temporary blacklisting
- After remote wipe is detected, reset application without 30 second countdown
- Fix ability to open Microsoft Office documents on iOS 11
- Offer TouchID passcode unlock after app starts while TouchID is not available
- Improve accessibility support
Landscape Support - Thank You
Very happy I can now use this app on iPad Pro with keyboard always attached, thereby putting me in landscape mode. Great app!
Update: This app is basically perfect! It offers more than WhatsApp and other free services because you can call any phone #, not just people on the service, and you can get a phone # for other people to call you. Plus, it has iPad version of the app and Touch ID. I do not mind paying for the service because I want to support further development of the App. If you are not paying for the product, you are the product, meaning your info is used for advertising. I prefer to pay for the product and know I am the client and not some advertiser.
Cannot update provisioned devices on iPhone X
Great app and outstanding service!
Even though I’m a fairly new customer, I have found incredible value in the service it offers. While there are many apps that offer, and likely do, provide secure encrypted communications, I haven’t found another with the phone features.
I think that many of the other apps operate under a premise that both users will have the app. But what happens when both users don’t? This is where Silent Phone offers a unique feature: a VOIP number with security built in.
I serve in the military and occasionally travel to locations outside of the US. With Silent Circle and Silent Phone as long as I have WiFi connectivity I always have one phone number to call out and receive calls. This simple feature itself is is worth every penny. The ability to call anyone, whether they’re in the Silent Circle community or not, is probably the single greatest feature for me.
Thank you, Silent Circle!
App Update 6.1
Thanks For the Update It's Working Excellent! Been a Customer for Several Years I Highly Recommend the service If you want Privacy in your Communications! I travel all over the USA It works Excellent!