By Silent Circle, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Silent Phone provides encrypted voice, video, and messaging brought to you by the world leaders in privacy, Silent Circle. Calls and messages between Silent Phone members are encrypted end-to-end protecting your business from criminals and competitors alike.
- True Privacy. Trusted by businesses and governments around the world.
- Simple “zero–touch” deployment across your organization
- Remote or in-house training available
- Secure conference calling with HD call clarity
- Burn functionality protects messaging with auto self-destruct
- Voice memos offer a modern replacement for traditional, unprotected voicemail
- Securely send pdf, docx, mov, mp4, png and jpg files.
- Silent World allows communication with non-members
What's New in Version 6.0
- Add group messaging with attachments and burn
- Synchronize UI/UX across all platforms
- Add left navigation drawer with settings and account details
- Integrate contacts into search & remove separate contacts screen
- Show contact discovery matches when searching
- Improve UI for switching between keyboard and numeric dialpad
- Hide local non-SC contacts when Silent World is disabled
- Detect and display exact-match users while searching
- Show device additions and removals in conversation threads
- Remove navigation tabs along bottom
- Show local and matched SC contacts before typing search query
- Show organization name as title of organizational directory
- Show connection state as color on hamburger icon
- Remove local conversations from new conversation search results
- Add support for SP as instant message type in native contacts
- Sort contact search results by name
- Reconcile separate UI for sending files with normal search
- Add error reporting when messages fail to send
- Use native Apple UI for numeric dialpad
- Support contact discovery on devices with thousands of contacts
- Support placing video call directly from native contacts
- After failed passcode entries, do not offer fingerprint unlock
- Allow dialing local contacts via Silent World from search
- Support handling video call invitations from CallKit screen
- Allow skipping countdown to wipe when device is deleted
- Add accessible "copy" action on certain conversation elements
- Automatically reconnect to conference call when private call ends
- Correctly match local contact names to numbers in conversations list
- Remove handling of favorites
- Remove setting to disable dropout tone
- Remove setting to disable packet reception LED
- Remove setting to disable TCP firewall traversal
- Remove setting to select alternate cipher suite
- Remove setting to select alternate SAS display type
- Add help and support links in navigation drawer
- Fix handling of certain usernames beginning with "sile"
- Fix loss of party in conference when answering incoming call
- Fix UI displayed for incoming calls when in conference
- Fix refresh issue delaying display of new devices on account
- Show updated avatar photo for local account immediately
- Fix call and back buttons sometimes becoming unresponsive
- Remove extra space added in front of last name when adding contact
- Support pull-down display of alias on threads with no messages
- Fix intermittent corruption after wiping app data leading to crash
- Fix audio failing to recover after FaceTime call ends
- Fix sending of file attachments when SP is not running
- Fix handling of video with multiple active calls
- Show better error when calling invalid aliases from native contacts
- Fix search results not narrowing when adding characters
- Fix incorrect search results after backspacing
- Fix local contacts intermittently failing to match search
- Fix speakerphone being disabled when moving call out of conference
- Fix incorrect search results when local contacts share phone number
Could Be Five Stars
I was blown away when I restarted my silent circle subscription and experienced the new redesign of the application. I am all about security, and I was so impressed with the upgraded security measures (I can't access the control panel (swipe up) or my notifications (swipe down) without it locking up, requesting my Touch ID, the data being wiped after too many failed attempts). It keeps both parties very secure because you can not leave the app without it locking. I was sold for life on the new features, but was BLOWN AWAY when I realized how easy it was to screenshot. It was a normal screenshot, and provided no notification to either party. I don't send sensitive material, so it isn't a major risk for me. However, this is a major flaw as this app is intended for secure, private communication. If they released an update that resolved this issue (either a software that auto applies a digitally applied blackout to the image, or doesn't allow screenshoting at all), this would be the greatest app out there, and easily a five star app.
App Update 6.0 Horrible
Horrible update. I have been customer for at least 3 years. I love the service but the new update the toggle switch to shut off traffic was removed. Now all you hear in the calls is a low beeping buzzing sound. Horrible so annoying I can't even make phone calls. I reported to technical department but said there wasn't anything to do the toggle switch was removed. I asked why he said he couldn't give me a answer. The point of good service is to have a clear line not beeps and static in the back round. Please fix!
Not worth it
They want $9.95/ month to what WhatsApp does for free! They used to have a $5/year basic account that was equivalent to WhatsApp with better security, however, they killed it.
Don't install it; use WhatsApp instead.
The company responded with valid issues of WhatsApp. At this point, try Signal by Open Whisper Systems.