Silent Phone provides encrypted voice, video, and messaging brought to you by the world leaders in privacy, Silent Circle. Calls and messages between Silent Phone members are encrypted end-to-end protecting your business from criminals and competitors alike.
- True Privacy. Trusted by businesses and governments around the world.
- Simple “zero–touch” deployment across your organization
- Remote or in-house training available
- Secure conference calling with HD call clarity
- Burn functionality protects messaging with auto self-destruct
- Voice memos offer a modern replacement for traditional, unprotected voicemail
- Securely send pdf, docx, mov, mp4, png and jpg files.
- Silent World allows communication with non-members
- Add feature to send any file using the Document Picker
- Add feature to start a call directly from contact search
- Add feature to mute a conversation
- Add feature to block a conversation
- Add feature to quickly start an audio recording within a conversation
- Add feature to select and delete multiple conversations at once
- Add feature to create a group when sharing a file
- Add an audio tone when trying to make a call
- Add an information view for single and group conversations
- Increase minimum iOS version support to 11.0
- No longer save generated avatars in the Address Book
- Remove redundant forward button while a message is being sent
- Remove redundant re-send option when an attachment is uploading
- Improve Silent Phone service connectivity
- Improve device contact discovery and integration
- Improve contact saving process
- Improve UX when changing a group name
- Improve conference call UI
- Improve system audio handling with Silent Phone calls
- Improve handling and updating of avatar images
- Improve conversation titles for Silent World calls
- Improve cleanup of attachment files
- Improve UX when trying to call without microphone permission
- Improve UX when trying to start a call or conversation without a network connection
- Improve translations
- Improve various strings
- Fix crash with and improve attachment preview downloading
- Fix crashes related to group conversations
- Fix crash when muting a conversation on an iPad
- Fix crash related to FaceID
- Fix issue with attachment previews flickering
- Fix UI issue with burn slider
- Fix UI issues with message texts and labels
- Fix UI issues with crypto view during Silent World calls
- Fix various typos and grammatical errors
Ratings and Reviews
Great app and outstanding service!
Even though I’m a fairly new customer, I have found incredible value in the service it offers. While there are many apps that offer, and likely do, provide secure encrypted communications, I haven’t found another with the phone features.
I think that many of the other apps operate under a premise that both users will have the app. But what happens when both users don’t? This is where Silent Phone offers a unique feature: a VOIP number with security built in.
I serve in the military and occasionally travel to locations outside of the US. With Silent Circle and Silent Phone as long as I have WiFi connectivity I always have one phone number to call out and receive calls. This simple feature itself is is worth every penny. The ability to call anyone, whether they’re in the Silent Circle community or not, is probably the single greatest feature for me.
Thank you, Silent Circle!
One4alolAll41 - thank you for that glowing review! We are glad you are enjoying the app, and thank you for your service!
App Update 6.1
Thanks For the Update It's Working Excellent! Been a Customer for Several Years I Highly Recommend the service If you want Privacy in your Communications! I travel all over the USA It works Excellent!
UPDATE: We removed the audio underflow tone and replaced with a visual indicator. In the next release of Silent Phone 6.1 (coming soon) you will no longer hear this tone. Again, if you are in a poor network environment you may have some delayed audio and see the Network Trouble indicator on your screen. We hope this helps your experience a bit.
Hi Oceanlite. I'm sorry that you are hearing the audio underflow tone. Its there to alert you that the connection is poor. But what you describe sounds like this is a constant occurrence. If you are connecting via wi-fi, its possible that the network isn't viable enough for VoIP traffic. I'd be happy to connect with you to trouble shoot. If you have a support ticket number, reference that in an e-mail to email@example.com. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope we can resolve this to your satisfaction. ps we are working on a visual indicator to replace the underflow tone. Perhaps this will be a better experience for you. UPDATE: some good news. We will be working towards a solution that will allow you to control that tone. Your feedback along with others on this issue has been an integral part of our changes for future development. With that, I'd like to say "thanks" and add a few credits to your account on us. PS, let me know how things are going with the new beta.
Need iPhone X support
We need iPhone X support please.
The app isn’t usable on iPhone X because of the position of the phone icon & the back button (<—) above.
We need it quickly.
An update has been pushed to the app store to fix iPhone X issues. Please download and install as soon as possible.
- Silent Circle, LLC
- 53 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Silent Circle
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.