Silent Sifter - Organize Photos & Videos in Minutes
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Organize your photos and videos in minutes with Silent Sifter.
If you are suffering from digital photo overload, you can get organized and stay organized with Silent Sifter. Tell Silent Sifter what you want, and let it do the tedious work.
Perfect for you if:
• You aren't happy with how your photos are organized, but are dreading cleaning them up
• You have a camera, smartphone, or SD card full of files and need to clear some space
• You have your Photos or Videos stored in multiple places and wish they were centralized
• You aren't sure which files you have copied from your camera and which you haven't
• You have multiple cameras and want all of their photos organized
• You are a photography enthusiast or professional and want to organize your vast library of files into a custom structure (By Camera, Date, Type, RAW vs JPG, etc)
• Organize by year, month, camera, resolution, file type, or whatever custom structure you want
• Import from multiple cameras directly to your organized structure
• Filter out files you don't want
• Rename files to whatever you choose
• Automatically removes duplicates and prevents file collisions
• Supports Photos, Videos, RAW files
• iPhoto input/output support
• Photo Booth input support
• Easy to set up
• No manual work needed to organize your files
• Fast processing
• Silent Sifter remembers your settings
• Connect your camera again, and with one click import, organize, rename, filter all of your files exactly how you would like
• Same files on your camera? No problem, Silent Sifter will detect the duplicates and only copy new files.
◦ One click organization
◦ Customized folders
◦ File renaming
◦ Photos and Videos
◦ Multiple inputs
◦ Multiple outputs
◦ Camera import
◦ RAW files
◦ File filtering
◦ Dropbox and gDrive support
◦ iPhoto and Photo Booth support
◦ Automatic monitoring and organization
◦ Filename collision prevention
◦ Fast file processing and copying
◦ Non-Destructive: Silent Sifter does not change EXIF data on copies, and does not modify the original files
◦ Photo Formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, AI, PSD, JPEG2000, XCF, BMP, ICNS and a multitude of other formats.
◦ RAW Photo Formats: CR2, CRW, NEF, ERF, RAF, 3FR, DCR, RAW, DNG, MRW, NRW, ORF, RW2, PEF, MOS, ARW, SR2, X3F*, KDC*, PPM*, ARI*, SRF*, BAY*, CAP*, IIQ*, EIP*, DCS*, DRF*, K25*, FFF*, PTX*, R3D*, RWL*, RWZ*, SRW* and a multitude of other formats.
◦ Video Formats Supported: MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4, MTS*, MKV*, VOB*, M2TS* and a multitude of other formats.
◦ Date Created: When organizing or renaming files using create date, uses the EXIF/Photo Metadata if available, otherwise last modified date.
◦ Dropbox and gDrive inputs and outputs require the respective Mac clients for those services.
◦ Performance: When duplicate detection is enabled, once your files are analyzed for the first time, each subsequent sift operation will process approximately 1000 photos per minute**
◦ Device Support: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Smartphones, Digital Cameras connected via USB, SD Cards, External Hard Drives, Network file shares, local folders
* Basic Support only, i.e. limited metadata available on these file types (resolution, camera, duration, etc).
** Varies based on processor speed, memory, drive location, etc, and first sift operation may take quite awhile for large photo collections
Questions, suggestions, feedback, or having trouble? We would love to hear from you, here's where you can find us:
» Support: https://vector15.uservoice.com/
» Twitter: http://twitter.com/vectorfifteen
» Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vectorfifteen
What's New in Version 3.3
- Ability to use date formatting on metadata date fields, e.g. Tiff.DateFormat, Exif.DateTimeDigitized, GPS.DateStamp, IPTC.DateCreated, and IPTC.DigitalCreateDate
- Added support for migrated iPhoto libraries
- Added support for Photos.app as an input
CANNOT REMOVE DUPLICATES, FORCES FOLDER STRUCTURE
Silent Sifter can only find duplicates if the files NAMES are EXACTLY the same. It also creates arbitrary folder organization by date. If you didn’t WANT those photos organized by date, too bad. You have to go through the output and manually remove each and every file from the folder imposed upon it.
Don’t waste your $
I downloaded it two days ago and I really do not like the program.
It is clunky, extremely slow (2+ days) and the recopying takes a ton of space on the hard drive. Yes it does put all of the pictures in one spot but then you have to open each file to see what is in side. They say "organize in minutes"… Yeah right, like 3000 minutes
Miracle of an App
This app is amazing! It is simple to setup and and run. Even the most basic user can run every feature. Most importantly: It actually works perfectly!!!! I have spent hundreds of dollars on dozens of other apps looking for something like this that inadequate and even dangerous. In two hours it sifted through 150,000 photos and videos from 5 different locations on my computer, it copied them all to one centralized folder of my choice and no duplicates were copied. It left source folders untouched so that I could decided whether or not it was safe to trash them. Best $20 i have ever spent.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Dec 04, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Vector 15 Ltd.
- © 2015 Vector 15 Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor