Silent Sifter - Organize Photos & Videos in Minutes
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Organize your photos and videos in minutes with Silent Sifter.
If you are suffering from digital photo overload, you can get organized and stay organized with Silent Sifter. Tell Silent Sifter what you want, and let it do the tedious work.
Perfect for you if:
• You aren't happy with how your photos are organized, but are dreading cleaning them up
• You have a camera, smartphone, or SD card full of files and need to clear some space
• You have your Photos or Videos stored in multiple places and wish they were centralized
• You aren't sure which files you have copied from your camera and which you haven't
• You have multiple cameras and want all of their photos organized
• You are a photography enthusiast or professional and want to organize your vast library of files into a custom structure (By Camera, Date, Type, RAW vs JPG, etc)
• Organize by year, month, camera, resolution, file type, or whatever custom structure you want
• Import from multiple cameras directly to your organized structure
• Filter out files you don't want
• Rename files to whatever you choose
• Automatically removes duplicates and prevents file collisions
• Supports Photos, Videos, RAW files
• iPhoto input/output support
• Photo Booth input support
• Easy to set up
• No manual work needed to organize your files
• Fast processing
• Silent Sifter remembers your settings
• Connect your camera again, and with one click import, organize, rename, filter all of your files exactly how you would like
• Same files on your camera? No problem, Silent Sifter will detect the duplicates and only copy new files.
◦ One click organization
◦ Customized folders
◦ File renaming
◦ Photos and Videos
◦ Multiple inputs
◦ Multiple outputs
◦ Camera import
◦ RAW files
◦ File filtering
◦ Dropbox and gDrive support
◦ iPhoto and Photo Booth support
◦ Automatic monitoring and organization
◦ Filename collision prevention
◦ Fast file processing and copying
◦ Non-Destructive: Silent Sifter does not change EXIF data on copies, and does not modify the original files
◦ Photo Formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, AI, PSD, JPEG2000, XCF, BMP, ICNS and a multitude of other formats.
◦ RAW Photo Formats: CR2, CRW, NEF, ERF, RAF, 3FR, DCR, RAW, DNG, MRW, NRW, ORF, RW2, PEF, MOS, ARW, SR2, X3F*, KDC*, PPM*, ARI*, SRF*, BAY*, CAP*, IIQ*, EIP*, DCS*, DRF*, K25*, FFF*, PTX*, R3D*, RWL*, RWZ*, SRW* and a multitude of other formats.
◦ Video Formats Supported: MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4, MTS*, MKV*, VOB*, M2TS* and a multitude of other formats.
◦ Date Created: When organizing or renaming files using create date, uses the EXIF/Photo Metadata if available, otherwise last modified date.
◦ Dropbox and gDrive inputs and outputs require the respective Mac clients for those services.
◦ Performance: When duplicate detection is enabled, once your files are analyzed for the first time, each subsequent sift operation will process approximately 1000 photos per minute**
◦ Device Support: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Smartphones, Digital Cameras connected via USB, SD Cards, External Hard Drives, Network file shares, local folders
* Basic Support only, i.e. limited metadata available on these file types (resolution, camera, duration, etc).
** Varies based on processor speed, memory, drive location, etc, and first sift operation may take quite awhile for large photo collections
Questions, suggestions, feedback, or having trouble? We would love to hear from you, here's where you can find us:
» Support: https://vector15.uservoice.com/
» Twitter: http://twitter.com/vectorfifteen
» Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vectorfifteen
What's New in Version 3.2.1
Bug fixes relating to most recent Yosemite update:
- Fixed issue with crashes on OSX 10.8.x Mountain Lion after Yosemite update
- Fixed issue with German language translation after Yosemite update
- Updated status menu icon to appear properly in Dark Mode
What a lifesaver! Excellent Mac App!
For the past few years I have been trying to figure out how to better organize my photos in iPhoto. I have been using a mac since 2004 and previous versions of iphoto had different file naming conventions for imported photos that created lots of disorganization. To correct this I used Silent Sifter to re-organize all my photos that were in Pictures/iPhoto Pictures/Masters. I was able to designate a target file where all of the photos that were re-organized were saved to. The copying of the photos in the Masters file was non-destructive and more importantly all copied photos retained their original create date which is essential for viewing my photos in chronological order in iPhoto. I was also able to specify the naming convention for the folders that contained the copied photos. After all photos were copied I created a new iPhoto library and imported all of copied photos that were all in order now. When I was done I had all photos in iPhoto shown in chronological order with all duplicates removed. All events had the same naming format now.
My only complaint is that I wish that one of the options for the date format for the copied photos was Month Day, Year (e.g. Mar 1, 2015). This would mimick the event naming convention that iPhoto uses.
Amazing sifting & sorting into Years > Months > Events
Wow - An app that automatically catalogs the way I manually organize!
Simply: Drag a folder or drive full of images into the input. Drag a new folder on where you want the images copied and sorted to and let it go to town. Basically the app copies the images - leaving the originals untouched. It deduplicates images and copies the images to the new location with the sub folders of YEARS, folowed by Months inside each year, and then Events if you have a lot of photos taken on a specific date.
If you have to sort through a ton of photos taken by digital cameras then this is a god send! Just make sure your destination has enough space.
Feature requests - Look at the app Perfect Rename and allow folder and file customization at that level. Have preference option for allowing the month names to also include the year info (i.e. 2010 folder > 01 - March - 2010 > Event
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Vector 15 Ltd.
- © 2015 Vector 15 Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor