Silent Touch Timer
By Ryan McCardle
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Download now and streamline your life with the beautiful to see, lovely to use, and fastest to set timer!
"Does exactly what it promises and with a sleek, innovative and intuitive interface. Would buy it again if I could!" - Ristrettoman
GREAT FOR PRESENTATIONS
• Easily readable up to 30 feet away on your iPhone. Try putting it behind your audience for better eye contact - for even further try a giant iPad timer!
• If you're in charge of keeping presenters on time, just set it up where they can see it, maybe add a time warning to let them know when they should be wrapping up.
• Won't disturb your audience, or you, with ANY noise or vibration.
• Lets you know at a glance how far overtime you’ve gone – better talk faster next time!
"'Apple' simple to use. Works every time. What could be better??" - DTLvRookie
FANTASTIC FOR PERFORMANCES
• Use it for music, dance, church services, comedy, plays, whatever has a start and an end!
• Count up instead of down if you need to, you can even use warning times while counting up.
• Great for keeping yourself in sync while podcasting.
"I use the Pomodoro technique at work but didn't want a ticking ringing timer going off in my open plan office. Silent Timer does everything I need and doesn't annoy my coworkers." -Chick-pea
HELPS WITH PRODUCTIVITY AT HOME AND THE OFFICE
• Time your work or your internet breaks at the office without disturbing your coworkers or yourself.
• Works great for the Pomodoro Technique, just set the timer to 25 minutes and Pomodoro your way out of procrastination.
"One of my most-often used apps...! An unobtrusive, light, very effective timer used while studying, exercising, interviewing people, teaching students and even when evaluating student's answer-sheets...!" - vobserve
You can find more information and support at yoctoapps.com, contact us at email@example.com, or follow us on twitter at @yoctoApps.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Fixed bug where menu button stayed highlighted
Crash tracking via Crashlytics
This app has been a silent game changer add more than one deadline in a crowded social environment for which in audible alarm or earphones would have been be totally inappropriate! I also use it from time to time on my own just to keep on track. One especially valuable design choice by the app maker is that the timer keeps counting after the designated countdown period has expired but it displays in red and counts "up" in the negative direction (e.g. minus 30 second, minus 31 seconds, etc). This is A great feature because sometimes if I am writing or doing other creative type work it can be very important to allow the task to complete on its own time scale but also very important to maintain and a proportional sense of the overall envelope of time available for the working session and overall project. You can be all too easy to get caught up in a small but interesting aspect of the project only to find two little time remains to complete the overall project at the same high level of quality and detail… But not when you can glance up and see exactly how much extra time has elapsed since the designated original direction you yourself allotted for whatever task or activity you set the timer for in the first place. The Silent Timer app might be the single most useful time reference in my professional life at the moment.
Wonderful - is actually silent
I'm a fan of the Pomodoro technique and working in quiet libraries, and this app allows me to do both! The start/stop/reset controls aren't the smoothest, but this app does everything it says it does, and does it reliably! Highly recommend this actually (i.e. not telling you it's silent and then screwing you over with a vibration) timer.
Best Timer Ever!
That's all I really need to say this is without fail the best timer ever!