Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A fresh, redesigned app experience, making your trusted local news faster and easier to read.
• Touch-driven, simple design with easy to read text.
• View and share opinions with article comments
• Notification options for receiving Breaking News
• Enhanced photos and videos for optimal viewing experience
• Top story and top video carousels to browse the most important stories
• Navigation menu allows easy access to the most important sections, while allowing a deeper dive into your favorite sections and teams.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
- Support for iPhone 6/6 Plus larger screen size
- Improvements to the main menu
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes
App itself downloads and updates fine.
Very SLOW in selections being activated; user made to believe app froze and will quit and reload app. Internet seems to hang even though other apps run fine. Internet speed might be blamed and if this is problem, developers need to specify recommended speed as well as appropriate supported op system. Additional servers added to your server farm may also improve response time. Transition screens to additional information again very slow with Internet speed possible issue.
Currently using an iPhone 6 which this update was created to optimize for. Awful. So slow, pages don't load, need to make multiple attempts. Seems to crash more frequently. Font sizes smaller which makes selecting a story more difficult.
Don't even attempt to switch from Breaking News to News or South Shore sections. App instantly crashes. Maybe it's an attempt to increase readers with the actual newspaper again.
No better way to read the Staten Island news through the website. Excellent newspaper
- Category: News
- Updated: May 09, 2016
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Staten Island Live LLC
- © 2013 SILive.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.