Simionic Simulator for Garmin G1000 (PFD)
By Little Rhinoceros
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Check out this video:
1. This app emulates G1000 PFD functionalities only. It does not include MFD functionalities. To obtain MFD functionalities, download the MFD app from AppStore which can co-operate with this app(PFD) via wifi connection.
Download address of PFD app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id827464105?mt=8
2. This app is for practice only. The navigation database included in this app may be outdated and very possible to be different from what it is in real life.
-Simionic and the seller are not affiliated with Garmin,
-The app is not provided, approved, endorsed, or otherwise supported by Garmin.
Garmin G1000 is an integrated avionic system used in many small aircrafts. This simulator simulates a primary flight display(PFD) which is used in Cessna 182T, 172S, 172R and 206H. Most of the useful functionalities has been implemented in this simulator, such as navigation, inset map, flight plan, flight director, and autopilot. Besides of that, nearly every nob/button is functioning just like they were on the real G1000.
G1000 is a highly integrated system, it is very powerful and also very complicated. It is recommended that you have a real G1000 user guide from Garmin. This simulator can be used by aviation enthusiasts as well as pilots to perform either an IFR training or just fly for fun. There is a global navigation database included in this simulator, and you can fly any where in the world.
This simulator supports FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane. You can use this simulator either as a stand alone trainer or as an instrument for FSX, Prepar3D or X-Plane.
You need G1000Bridge(X) to make this simulator working with FSX, Prepar3D or X-Plane. Please visit http://www.simionic.net to download G1000Bridge(X).
Detail list of functionalities:
*Control surface implementation
+Pitch and bank are controlled by tilting the device using built-in accelerometer.
+Throttle and rudder are controlled by touching the screen.
*Flight director modes implementation
-Pitch Hold: Yes
-Selected Altitude Capture: Yes
-Altitude Hold: Yes
-Vertical Speed: Yes
-Flight Level Change: Yes
-Vertical Path Tracking: Yes
-VNV Target Altitude Capture: Yes
-Go Around: No
-Roll Hold: Yes
-Heading Select: Yes
-Go Around: No
+Store Flight Plan: Yes(only when MFD connected)
+Invert Flight Plan: Yes
+Closest Point Of FPL: No
+Parallel Track: Yes
+Create ATK Offset Waypoint: Yes
+Direct-to: Yes, with vertical constraints and offset
+Terminal Procedures: Yes
*Navigation database: Global, but may not as detailed or updated as they are in the real G1000.
*Inset map: Zoom in/out, browsing and partly de-clutter are implemented, all the navaids are displayed properly, but does not display detailed geography and regional information. No traffic, topographic data, terrain, storm scope, NEXRAD radar information and XM information.
+All the navaids operations(VOR/ILS course select, ADF/VOR/Waypoint bearing indicator, CDI indicator, etc)
+All the PFD settings(Wind, Bearing1/2, HSI format, Alt unit, Standard baro, etc)
+DME source select: Yes
+Transponder settings: Yes
+Timer and references(V speeds and minimums): Yes
+Advisory and alerts: No
+ADF dip: Yes
+Magnetic variation: automatic/settable
*Flight simulator connection
*MFD connection: Via wifi
What's New in Version 4.0.0
1. Updates navigation database to cycle 1707
2. Fixes a bug causing failure in synchronizing COM frequencies to flight simulators
3. Fixes a bug causing wrong magnetic variation
4. Adds support for 8.33kHz COM spacing(set in MFD)
5. Improved great circle algorithm for more accurate navigation
6. Adds support for true heading navigation(set in MFD)
7. Adds setting window for adjusting screen brightness and backlight on hardware bezel
8. Adds support for hardware audio panel
9. Other bugs and crashes fixes
Best tool around but has limitation
The knobs are difficult to use. Someone needs to market an affordable bezel with real buttons and knobs that would take advantage of the software and fix the physical limitations of the app.
If you're wanting a good G1000 simulator to practice, or use with your home flight sim, this is the one.
Pretty awesome. Helped with my training of the functions of the g1000. Perfect tool for simulation and procedures.