Antnotes are like paper notes: they are glued to your monitor, but from the other side of the screen.
This nice and handy application lives in the menu bar for faster access and has the following features:
- customizable background, font and text color
- pin note to desktop to make it stay atop of other windows
- translucent notes
- make new notes by dragging text, images and files to the menu bar icon
- drag images and sounds to note contents
- automatically hide notes when inactive
- quick access via menu bar icon
- configurable global shortcuts to create new note or show/hide all notes
- integration with services: create new note from any text in any application
- snap to screen bounds and other notes
- archive with all closed notes - do not lose your information by accidentally closing a note
- smart position choosing for different display configurations
Want more features? Let us know, or check out our Antnotes application!
Visit our support forums: https://www.antlogic.com/forum/
- added option to disable gradient background
- added option to create new notes in bottom left/right corners
- changed delay for close/options buttons showing
- some minor compatibility and UI fixes
- fixed German localisation
Ratings and Reviews
The free version works well, but it has some problems like font colors can’t be changed independently from each other. For example, if one word in a sentence is changed to blue then the whole note will change also to blue. I’d buy this app, but I don’t know if the paid version has the same problem. This’s a minor failure which is ok for the free version but developers should pay more attention to free apps since people will judge the quality of the paid version through the free version like myself.
Update: this app has changed for the positive. In the past, I had troubles with it but now it works fine. I have the free version, and it’s all I need cause I can change colors, letters, eat without spending a cent. Good work for the developers. Everyone should have this app.
Terrific app, with one caveat...
Love all of the optios of this Stickies replacement, including its historical record of closed notes. The only thing that’s bugging me, and I don’t think this was the case when I started using it a year or so ago, is that the notes don’t reliably remember their locations when I plug a monitor into my laptop for dual monitor use - they keep overlapping or moving away from each other. I wish that it would just stick with a fixed pixel value relative to a specific corner of the screen so that the arrangement is identical regardless of what screen it’s appearing in.
Great For It’s Purpose
This app, even in the free version, is great for its purpose. I can add sticky notes to my desktop in a variety of colors and even pin the stickies to certain desktops. The design is clean and neat while still providing some variability.
My reason for not giving 5 stars is because i dislike how the app icon must be open in the dock while the app is in use. I’d much rather prefer it to be in the overhead menu, but this is very minor and i still love the app. I’ve had no crashes or lagging since i downloaded this a couple of weeks ago.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.