Simple Battery Monitor shows remaining time, charge percentage and battery status in a compact menu bar app.
* It warns you with an orange arrow icon when some apps consume too much power.
* Time remaining adapts to your usage and when some demanding apps start consuming too much power it shows time remaining as if those consuming apps continue to run.
* Time remaining is for both charging and discharging.
* You can view cycle count in status menu
* You can quickly reach to activity monitor to see per app power consumption and to system preferences to change energy saving preferences.
* You can set the app launch automatically at each login.
Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Battery Monitor App
I tried several “popular" apps but I never seen and tried such a simple and very useful battery indicator app than Simple Battery Monitor.
Its Not aggressive and pusshy to give a rate,there is no ads. Its free application with all necessary info about battery life. Percentage or time, or both indicators could be on your toolbar.
Excellent job guys. My kudos and more than a 5 stars if possible.
Battery life indicator
I am now unsure which indicator is correct, the Mac supplied dock reference or this app. The computer interanl Mac reading says I have 82% remaining battery life and rhe app says 78%. Which one is correct?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using Simple Battery Monitor.
I use a different battery charge computation method. MacOS considers the battery is full when it is actually around 95% full and computes the remaining charge based on this level.
I take 100% as the full level and this may result in around 4%-5% difference.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.